Have you seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you seen this?

I know that this might sound a little funny, but I wanted to know if any of you have ever seen a hayride that accomidated wheelchairs?

I believe that there are no hayrides that accomidates wheelchairs, but I thought I would ask. I would not do it, it just sounds un-safe.

Thanks to thoughs that respond.

Brian

Actually, I have. It was at a farm that specializes in using horses at therapy for paraplegics. I don't know how practical that it would be for a normal Halloween hayride, but it certainly possible.

It would probably be more practical to have a save place for people to sit outside of their chairs. Since they don't need to move about on their own, this is a perfectly legitimate alternative.

Dave
    Lords of Chaos, LLC
    House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

WOW Dave,

I had no idea this could be done. Would'nt an insurance company be against this?

I am still not sure how we would make a special device of some kind to buckle a wheelchair(s) to a wagon. Would'nt this have to be approved?

I wanted to know, this is a subject the Recreation Director brought up.

Thanks Dave

Brian

Comment

Maybe this would have to be a special event day just for those who are in wheelchairs, and have addmission free.

Brian

Comment

We have been accomadating handicapped people for years on our hayride. It takes more time and effort, but it impresses our customers. We have a smaller wagon that can be moved to a special loading area, and will not interfere with our throughput.

Randy Bates
          The Bates Motel
          Randy Bates
          The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
          www.thebatesmotel.com

Comment

If you had the room and the means, you could try an idea like Reaper's Realm in Canada does with chop topped busses.
            http://www.reapersrealm.canadianwebs.com/index_2.html
            At least that way the chairs could be secured, yet they would still have that great outdoors effect of the wagons. Just a thought.
            http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

If you are a genuine "performer" and you like to do more than just make people scream, you will have the amazing opportunity entertaining crippled and handicapped customers who very well may give you the best, most sincere positive feed-back of anybody that you have ever tried to entertain.
              There but for the grace of God go you or I.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

pathways will be ground down, cant go level since my farm is gently rolling hills. Trailer has a mesh tailgate which drops down so I do think I can accomodate wheelchairs by buckling in. will have to experiment before allowing it, of course. Will have to see how it all works out...
                The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

..and of course pay attention to ground conditions, subject to change with rain, making mud, making wagons slideing sideways.
                  "No extra charge for the sideways wagon thrill-ride Folks!"
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Reaper Mobiles look pretty groovy. Of course there are ones already modified with chair lifts and such but usually the rig is not somthing that could be totally topless, perhaps window less.

One of my half baked ideas was taking old stretched limos and cutting off the top and putting off road seats in it. The bus idea would be much cheaper. I might take out every other row of seats so the capacity wasn't so jammed in there and the weight. There is a big difference in weight between 200 pound adults jammed in there and 50 kids.

I also wanted some type of roll bars, not that it will roll over but that tree branches don't take everyones head off. It would add to the road warriors look. These might have lights on them to illuminate some things. Even strobes and speaker systems.
                    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Bright enough Strobes and hearses and busses could be swapped out for wheelbarrows propelled by muscular mutants from Myopiea.
                      When the strobe effect wore off and they get to see who their rickshaw Captain is, that is when the fear finds them!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It takes the word top less and truns it into hello my children?

So it brings mamaries into the schemes of chopping off roofs...Hmmm.

A tip for Mamorial Day tours.
                        sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Well the bus thing is a cool idea, but the paths are to wooded and there is not very level.

Brian

Comment

Half a mile of slip and slide?

Hoverround mobility scooters?

Goat carts?

ATVs with chariots?

4 slaves to carry an egyptian pole chair?

Elephant gondolas.

Outdoor darkride cars.

Hypnotism.

Drug induced euphoria.

Video of what the tour could be like with tree branches and action figures.

Teleportation scares.

Just drag people around in sacks.
                            sigpic

Comment

Lots of good ways to do it Greg. Though with the price of gas, they can supply their own ride through the attraction. LOL

Brian

Comment

Working...
                              X