Flame Retarding Outdoors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flame Retarding Outdoors?

I know for indoor haunts it's a must (legally, professionally, ethically)... but what about outdoor haunts like wooded trails and corn mazes. I mean, seriously, a dry corn maze is like one big giant campfire waiting to light up isn't it? But it seems pretty impractical to fire proof the WOODS! or a corn maze!

What are you guys with wooded trails and corn mazes doing for fire safety? I know someone can say it's "possible" to spray down the woods and such but does anyone actually do anything like that?

Thanks in advance!
    MrFoos

[PHP][/PHP]

It's not nessesary to spray FR outdoors.

DA

Comment

In fall...

it is impossible to burn a corn field. The stalks have too much moisture in them. Even when we plant 32,000 seeds per acre and have several tons of material there. I do burn my maze every other year...BUT IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE THE NEXT SPRING....AFTER I CHOP IT. I go through with a 15 foot wide chopper and shred it into confetti just to make it burn. Late October the grain here is still about 20% moisture and stalks are more. Corn (whole plant)is chopped in the fall for silage before it starts grain itself drys down. The moisture in the stalks actually ferments in silos or packed in bunkers acts to preserve it.

I would burn it in the fall, like November IF IT WERE POSSIBLE.

I am sure everyone has seen scenes of sugar cane fields burn...or wheat fields burn at harvest time. Corn is another beast altogether different.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I don't think the flames can make trees and stalks any dumber, just my opinion

Comment

Working...
        X