Fear Asylum build photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Asylum build photos

We are doing a ton of work on the Fear Asylum this season. Some highlights are Venue Magic complete show control system from Ethereal FX. Another complete 2500 sqft 3D haunt from Stuartizm Design that we will call "Emily's Closet". Of course lots of cool new toys from numerous Transworld vendors. Hope you guys enjoy and maybe it will give you some inspiration.

Buckimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

I think you lost me there... did Dead House Design do the work here? Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Yeah I got the same impression did you guys (DHD) make those walls or saying you inspired them to copy off of you? I hope the ledder is not the case because I've seen this style of walls for 30 years in haunts.

Capt. Chaos, it's coming along nicely.

DA

Comment

Let's stay on topic folks- other issues deserve other threads.
        The walls look great- What kind of lighting are you thinking for the decayed hallway?
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Good call Allen. Super Moderator. Super Mediator!
          No need to get ugly. The walls do look good. Let's be constructive...not destructive.

Comment

Update on build video

http://youtu.be/2r-R4HtcCGk

A lil up date on the build and a lil late
            Check out my other videos also and subscribe
            Too!

Comment

I for one love to see build photos and wish all the haunts across the country would do the same... it helps us all learn! I like the photos and can't wait to see the final product!!! Keep posting them!

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President

Comment

looks great!

Very nice job with the walls! The boiler(tank) looks great as well! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the 3D room.
                Brent F.
                www.thedeadendhayride.com
                Keep Minnesota Scary!

Comment

Fear Asylum build photos

Thanks for all the compliments. I built the boiler out of a water heater and old water softener tank last January. We did a PR event for the local high schools post prom event and used that scene to set the stage. We just received our shipment of mannequins from Nethermore Productions today. I will post some pics once we get that room set up.

Stuart Smith from Sturtizm Designs will be here in a few weeks to start on our 3D attraction. We are calling that "Emily's Closet" and are playing off the whole kids afraid of what lives in their closet thing. That should be fun.

We brought Kevin in from Twizted Faces Productions. He helped us tweak our floor plan and built us a couple killer new set pieces. One is a huge bookcase and the other is a industrial control center. He saw the pile of lab stuff I posted for sale earlier this year that was left over, and went to town.

I also agree that I love seeing progress pics. It not only inspires me but keeps me striving to achieve the next level of realism in our attraction.

Hope everyone is on track for the upcoming season.

Buck
                  Capt.Chaos
                  Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

A little fun with foam

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Larry's video said you can make Anything out of foam. The foam came from old hot tub covers. Most hot tub dealers have tons of old covers that have foam in them. They are usually waterlogged and you can get them for free. Dry the foam out and go to town. The doors came from a grocery store that was remodeling. They were also free.

Buck
                    Capt.Chaos
                    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Entrance photo

image.jpg
                      Just got done with the entrance columns. Pretty happy with the final product.
                      Capt.Chaos
                      Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Chaos View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16743[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16744[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16745[/ATTACH]

Larry's video said you can make Anything out of foam. The foam came from old hot tub covers. Most hot tub dealers have tons of old covers that have foam in them. They are usually waterlogged and you can get them for free. Dry the foam out and go to town. The doors came from a grocery store that was remodeling. They were also free.

Buck
                        Do you have any advice for drying that foam out?

Comment

Drying foam

I do. First cut it in the size you want. I other words make it smaller. Then set out in the sun or set a dehumidifier by it. If it is really saturated it may take awhile. That does not bother me, I just choose what foam I have for what I may need. If I have a bunch of bricks, I will cut them into brick size and then dry them. Some stuff I don't care if the foam is wet. The only real bad deal about wet foam is you can't use a foam cutter. However, I rarely use those anyway. Hope that helps.
                          Capt.Chaos
                          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Nice job!!! Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

The folks at the hot tub store said they've never been able to get the center of the foam dry, so I was wondering about what sort of difference it makes. This helps! Thanks.

One more question: Do you need any special tricks to get paint to adhere to the foam..?

Originally posted by Capt.Chaos View Post
                              I do. First cut it in the size you want. I other words make it smaller. Then set out in the sun or set a dehumidifier by it. If it is really saturated it may take awhile. That does not bother me, I just choose what foam I have for what I may need. If I have a bunch of bricks, I will cut them into brick size and then dry them. Some stuff I don't care if the foam is wet. The only real bad deal about wet foam is you can't use a foam cutter. However, I rarely use those anyway. Hope that helps.
                              And those columns are gorgeous!

Comment

Working...
                              X