Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make a Florescent light drop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make a Florescent light drop?

I read Allen's idea in another post and love it! I am afraid if I just let my husband try without instruction, it may really crash.
    How do you rig it up to fall safely? What do you use in place of Florescent bulbs?

Originally posted by Wellinton View Post
    I read Allen's idea in another post and love it!
    Link to post?

C.

Comment

You have a few options
      #1 have several fixtures in the room like these- and have one be out with dummy bulbs, that is the one that drops.
      teklight4.jpg
      #2 use white bulb shields and LED lights to make a fake bulb or two that goes in the fixture or a white rope light inside the tubes would be great also.
      http://www.1000bulbs.com/category/Pl...FSWoPAodE3gAdg
      www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

That's going to be so cool! Thank you Allen. We are definitely finding a spot to add this scare in the Haunt.
        I want to move from my spot in the house, just so I can watch people hit the floor!

BTW...This was one of the many scare ideas Allen suggested on the Cafeteria Scare ideas? thread

Comment

id be wary of dropping it over people,even with a safeguard in place.your back up safety fails...you just fractured someones skull. it does sound like a great scare,but ya really cant do that over someones head,its begging for trouble you dont want.i hate to sound like a buzzkill but...
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood...32305403537000

Comment

Hacksaw,
            you aren't a buzzkill. the scare is that it drops near them as opposed to over or on them- look at the referenced thread to get a better idea. And you absolutely could drop it over their heads, but it would not be as scary, unless you made it short out first so the looked up at it. Rig it right it will never fail.I drop stuff from overhead all the time in my show.

Comment

My husband said he will make it so safe, we could drop a car. ( maybe next year..lol) We are replacing the bulbs with Allen's ideas.
              I appreciate the concerned post. I like to read it out loud while they are building, just so the caution advise is not always coming from me.
              It will be completely safe. I love this scare!

Comment

We ran a steel rod through the center of the light and two steel plates hit each other for a very loud scare.
                We replaced the bulbs with the white rope light Allen Hopps suggested. We are building the wall around it today.
                It's an awesome scare!! It will be when they think the whole haunt is over and ready to exit. Made another drop panel on a steel door at the fake exit , for one final scare inside ...before they exit into a surprise outdoor cage...surrounded by Beasts in stilts!!
                One more week!!! Can't wait!!!

Comment

crashing florescent light 002.jpgcrashing florescent light 001.jpg

Whoops, here are the pictures

Comment

I love this idea!!
                    ~Bill Mlinac
                    The Deadland Haunted House
                    www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                    www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

We opened last night! The florescent light was incredible. We had friendly guy at the back door Thanking folks , ice chocolates and flyers on the table under the light and when they started to walk towards the candy.....Bam!!!!
                      We even got most of our scare actors on their " lights on " tour. The swearing was out of control in the last room. Guests even hung around for a long time just to see people coming out at the end.
                      What else do you drop from the ceiling Allen? We'll plan for 2013!!

Comment

LOL Im glad the idea worked for you! I taught this at my last MHC class. I have used it several times and it is a killer. I have a ton of room ideas (that work and are practical and I have done in one form or another). A listing of room ideas rarely work but as a specific question gets asked I will gladly throw relevant room ideas out.

Comment

Working...
                        X