TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld Shoot Me Straight

Was it just me or did the show seem a repeate of the last year or two with less excitement? I can't put my finger on it and maybe it's just me but it seemed quiet kinda? I mean it's hard to say. I remember last few years there was lines you had to get into to buy product and this year there was no wait. I talked with several vendors and they said well we have sold some stuff. My thoughts was this past Halloween was not as good for Haunters as it has been or could have been. I figured the down season would be passed on at the show and I feel my thoughts was right. I don't know maybe someone seen something I did not maybe I am getting a little burned out who knows but I would love to hear what others thought, felt and seen? Shane and it's please comment!
    sigpic

I can't speak for vendors and sales but it seemed slower and less exciting overall. Saturday was very busy, maybe too much, but as for sales I'm not sure. Not very many things that people "had to have".

Jake

Comment

Jake

Yeah I was in the Darkzone talking to a vendor friend on Saturday and this is a popular vendor but no one was hardly coming up! I wan't to see the vendors blow it out of the water in sales just seemd quiet Saturday more for sure but still quiet over all! Hopefully they all did well and it was just me. Shane and it's good to be home!
      sigpic

Comment

I would agree, now I don't buy till the last day unless it is a staple things like fog juice and stuff like that. I placed a big order with GG on Sunday and it took me less than 15 min to negociate a price and give you my money, so I would say that it was alot quicker. (or I did not bargan enough) I would say that it may be the lacked of that big bang item that causes a buzz around the show floor. It was a flat season for haunts and that may have caused a flat TW, I dont know but I did notice that I did not hear anybody saying did you see this at such and such at this booth. The thing is that people expect so much now in wow factor and this year did not have that. GG has gotten to the point that you guys make such unbelivable stuff that even with a incredible costume like the Panzer you start to expect those things from you. ( I bought Panzer and 3 others by the way) I was telling a person about a woman that I go to haunts with and that this one person walks out of every haunt and when you ask her what scared her the most it is almost always the same cheepest simple scare, fishing line hung from above. Where there is just about no prop that GG makes that I would not like to own, there is still something to be said about staying with what proven and works. From what I heard it was a combo of attendance at haunts being down 10% to 30% which is right of the top of profits and the lack of that must buy item. I will say this for this TW that I did not spend as much as last year and almost half of what I did spent was with GG, great job guys.

Phatman

P.S. Did my stuff ship yet. LOL
        Phatman

Comment

sorry shane I though GG started thread. All I can claim is jet lag.

Phatman
          Phatman

Comment

You mentioned GG sure they have great stuff but did you not find their booth much like it was last year? I'm not knocking GG in any way and they are one of the best but the booth looked and felt as it has before and thought they had great new actor animations and costumes, they were basically new versions of the same things we've seen. It is unfortunate but you could say that a great company like GG could be taken for granted as a staple of quality items but you know what they offer so some may look for what's new and different and look elsewhere first? Just a thought.

Jake

Comment

Shane I will add this, I did hold back a little to wait and see Unit 70 at their open house and MHC and I did hear a lot of people talking about that. I dont know if that could have been a factor or not but I do know of 10 people that said they dont go to MHC every year and they were going just to see Unit 70. I personally feel that is was a lack of funds due to the down year at haunts myself. But I have the feeling that MHC will have a big atendance boost this year due to the fact that Unit 70 does not go to conventions any more.

Phatman
              Phatman

Comment

From what I hear unit 70 has a list of certain haunts and they are enough to keep them busy and that's just how they like it. It's much easier cranking out large orders for 12 Haunters than 100 small orders for 50 haunts. They don't need the show to be successful.

Jake

Comment

Deathwing I do agree that it was about the same and most of the items were just a new twist on past products, but that was the whole show this year. The whole show lack the OMG I have to buy that at any cost item. I think that things go in cycles and this was just one of those years where the vendors did not come up with that show stopping product. Look at Nightscreems he brought mostly vacform and stuck with what he does best and did not bring their other stuff, when haunts have bad years so do vendors. The only thing that I wanted to buy that wowed me was the Little Orbit Donut machine to set up in my office, I would never leave to go home then.

Phatman
                  Phatman

Comment

Originally posted by austind View Post
                    Deathwing I do agree that it was about the same and most of the items were just a new twist on past products, but that was the whole show this year. The whole show lack the OMG I have to buy that at any cost item. I think that things go in cycles and this was just one of those years where the vendors did not come up with that show stopping product. Look at Nightscreems he brought mostly vacform and stuck with what he does best and did not bring their other stuff, when haunts have bad years so do vendors. The only thing that I wanted to buy that wowed me was the Little Orbit Donut machine to set up in my office, I would never leave to go home then.

Phatman
                    Lol yes those donuts were great there were two guys selling them. Well said as well about the show.

Jake

Comment

you had to look this year...

Had to look for that item to grab you this year. Last year as soon as you walked in the door Gore Galore's stuff LITERALLY jumped out at you. This year it was still great Gore Galore stuff with newer of same idea....or peak under the skirt to see new "better built way". Even my "wow" of year you could not see by walking the aisle; you had to go inside the vortex to experience the new tilting bridge.

Bought stuff that wowed me last year.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I arrived on Friday and commented on how dead it was. It was extremely easy finding a parking spot this year compared to previous years. There weren't many innovative products this year and not much really stood out. Scarefactory didn't have much that would make my jaw drop and it was just the same old stuff from everyone else it seemed. I was really impressed with Immortal Masks compared to the other silicone masks there. Halloween Productions had some great CGI props that I think were just as good as Pale Night Productions if not better. I think there was a time period where the haunt industry was getting bigger and bigger with new products that would rival Hollywood. The haunt industry grew too fast and it's hard to be innovative when you've reached your full potential. It was a good show, but not a great one.
                        Spooky Wishes
                        Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

Comment

Farmer you know you country boys live a simpler life than us city folk but I was wowed by the girl in the latex body paint booth but she was not for sale. So I will have to stick with the donut machine. I did like the zombie doors from Scarefactory and the price seems good but worried about the build quality and durability of it. I will have to put a post up after haunts shut down for the next season to see it anybody bought it and how it worked for them. You did tell me at the show that you have some SF products and have never had a problem so I am still on the fence as far as buying one. The bridge was a nice twist for the vortex tunnel and I did like the new line from Poison Props.

Phatman
                          Phatman

Comment

[QUOTE=Jolly Pumpkin;147715] It was extremely easy finding a parking spot this year compared to previous years.

Got up early to move from hotel Sunday "to get a good parking spot" for taking home my Poison & Distrotions props I bought. HA!!!!! parking on west side of show floor was a breeze! Went to lunch and drove to Pappy's Smokehouse. Returned to show at 2:00pm as show was ending and got my same great parking spot back. Sure glad I got up early on a night we set clocks ahead LOL!

Comment

Did they have ribs? And why did you not bring any back for me?

Phatman
                              Phatman

Comment

Working...
                              X