Gelatine Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelatine Question

Im trying to make the right gelatine for scars and such out of knox gelatine but I cant seem to get it right. Im melting it in microwave on very small incriments (5 secs or less!) and its still not melting right and becoming extremely liquidy instead of the more gooey texture I need. Has anyone used this method yet and if so how exactly do you make the gelatine (recipe wise water to gelatine packet ratio) do you boil the water when first making the gelatine or just heat? Thanks for the help guys I know Ive been MIA for awhile had alot of personal stuff to attend to.
    Senior Operator of Forest Of Fear at The Utica Zoo
    Visions Of Fear Productions

Dont put it in the microwave. Thats step one. Depending on how much you wanna use depends on the ratio. I would start at like four packs to about a 1/4 cup of hot water. Just make sure it is all dissolved. It sets up pretty quick so youve gotta work fast with it. If your going to use it as brain matter, its two drops of Red color to one drop of blue and I found Golden Crisp cereal to give the best look. But dont be afraid to try diff things with diff textures. Just make sure the water is hot, but remember its going on skin so dont boil the water then try to apply it to your actor.
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

TY! once I make it can i put it in the fridge to cool then use as needed?

Comment

no dont put it in the fridge. You wanna apply it to the person when warm. Once it cools its useless

Comment

Comment

Took me awhile to access my memory files lol....here is a great video on gelatin that is a re-meltable mix. It is from Greg Nicotero
            http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-for-halloween
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Allen

Yea watched that video already and used his recipe and it just wasnt coming out the way he had it. Im gonna give that and this other one another shot tho.

Comment

Working...
              X