What qualify's you as a "pro haunter?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What qualify's you as a "pro haunter?"

I keep seeing people who are becoming pro i was wondering what do you have to do in order to become pro?

Being a pro haunter genrally means you own or operate a professional for profit/not for profit haunted attraction instead of a yard haunt.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

what if it's a yard haunt but it takes up the entire back yard and can take anywhere between 5-10 minutes to get through (depending on the speed of the guests)

Comment

A pro haunt runs their haunt as a business ( and for their love of it ), an amatuer or hobbyist doesn't run theirs as a business.

The hallowed haunting grounds was an event in so cal that ran for about 30 years and rivaled disney but it was in a yard and never charged addmission, making it an amature or hobbyist haunt.
        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Pumpkin beat me too it.....here is mine anyways

I may be wrong here, but i don't think it's a definition of wether or not you yourself is a professional, there are some yard haunters that could put most pro haunters to shame with ability, but more of a designation of what enviroment you are working in as a haunter. As a so called pro haunter, working in either a for profit or charity type haunt, there are diffrent things to deal with (leasing or buying spaces/insurance/employees/keeping on budget/fire marshalls/etc etc etc) vs a yard haunter not having to deal with 90% of that.

Let me edit this also....i would agree with the post below me, that haunted house vendors, like my self, would be included in the pro haunter.

Am i wrong?
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

PumpkinHead, HHG may have been an "amateur" yard haunt. but some of those who worked on it were theme park professionals who do that kind of stuff for a living. Personally, I would say that a haunt professional is anyone who depends on the haunt industry; running a haunted house, making haunted props, ect... for most of their income.

Comment

Buying insurance, charging a fee to enter your haunt, trying to make a profit either for yourself, your business, or a charity. Whenever you buy insurance, charge admission, and do all the normal stuff like inspections and everything else no matter if your haunt is super small or super big I'd say you're a professional.

Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

same with pulling permits as well as city business.

I will be running on my land, but with permits, fire department and official stuph, charging admission and having charities. So that would be a pro haunt, even though it is running on my land.

Hacker House has the same situation.
                The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner
                  Buying insurance, charging a fee to enter your haunt, trying to make a profit either for yourself, your business, or a charity. Whenever you buy insurance, charge admission, and do all the normal stuff like inspections and everything else no matter if your haunt is super small or super big I'd say you're a professional.

Larry
                  I like your comment Larry! As a former home haunter, and now doing a haunt as a business, I'm sure I speak for alot of us when I say you really work your rear end off all year long, working on haunts, props, and scenes. Not to mention all the money you spend. I don't care if a haunt is done as a business or a yard/home haunt, I love to go to them, and support others that have the same love for this stuff as I do.
                  Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

Rich Hanf had a GREAT definition of a Pro Haunter.
                    Hey RICH, can you enlighten us?????
                    R&J Productions
                    Las Vegas, NV
                    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Working...
                    X