Pepper's ghost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pepper's ghost

Has anyone used or seen this concept used in a haunt?

We will have a pepper's ghost in our haunt this year.

The scene is a prison cell, where the inmate is haunted by a ghost. the tour guide explains the inmate is out of his mind. as the patrons approach the cell, the ghost is not seen, the prisoner warns the patrons and just as the patrons get to the cell the ghost appears.
    www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Here's a how to page:
      http://home.comcast.net/~peppersghostillusion/

Also a dual channel cross fader is available too.
      Michael Bruner

The National Haunters Convention - OVER 100 vendor booths!
      Valley Forge, PA
      http://www.nationalhauntersconvention.com

The Cadavers Cotillion
      http://www.cadaverscotillion.com

Get behind the scenes tours to the best haunted attractions!
      http://www.haunttour.com

`

Comment

Pepper Ghost

Ive seen some very good peppers ghost in my many years of attending haunts. But the best I've ever seen I would say would be the ones at The Beast in KC Missouri. They really do some good ones with actors in period clothing. Not sure if they use like a black and white costume but its like your watching an old movie or actually seeing a ghost. I guess come to think of it they could of used an projector like they do at the haunted mansion. But there are other ways. Props with windshield motors at the top to make them move ect. Always set up on a L shape 45 degree angle w plexiglass set in the middle. Seen an awesome one set up that way at Madmarys in St. Joseph once. Too bad that haunts not there anymore. One thing Ive never seen is a Salt and Pepper ghost? Im surprised Jim at the Ravens Grin Inn hasnt devised one of those yet. LOL!
        Damon
        Frightmasters
        www.houseoffright.com
        Damon Carson

Comment

Don't You Remember Mine Damon?

Pepper's Ghost?
          You see a foxy-looking babe, which is actually a photographic cardboard cut out, then she vanishes.
          Then she later attacks you!
          I have scared So Many people with my set up, including quite a many "Haunters", mainly because seeing the cut out plants that seed in their mind (I think this is sort of how this works?)
          Being open year-round gives me alot of opportunities to experiment, finding what really works and how to "Tweak" it.
          The Best Pepper's Ghost I know of was made in the Iowa woods and it looked flawless. How they did it, I don't know?
          Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-10-2011, 09:47 PM.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

A Salt and Pepper Ghost would have something to do with either the Lethan Weapon Movies or Starsky and Hutch. The Ghost of Huggy Bear?
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Peppers Ghost

Hello all ~

Just thought id "chime in" on this subject...

Damon mentionted about the 45 degree angles and plexi

I seen something like that done but also with a "Ring" (movie) aspect.. the girl looked like she was coming out of the Televison .. the room went dark partially .. and it looked liek she was crwaling across the floor .. and all of a sudden she was right in front of you ( so close you u coud kiss her) front of you ...(don at I belive it was Dark Raven manor in Buffalo,NY) the girl on the floor weas too far away to be able to get to the patrons that quick.. plus i seen the mirrors /plexi that was causing the reflextion )

It was verey well done and even my self and my freind ( avid local haunt goes and owners of our own yard haunt) were surpised as to how they pulled it off..

yeah I know a lot of info and a it of a story .. ... my apologies

but it gives ideas

Good luck ..
              LoneWolf ..

Comment

Hmmm? I dont remember yours Jim. Can you refresh my memory anymore? Where is it in your house? Its only been like 7yrs since ive been to your haunt. Im your worse customer! LOL!
                Damon
                Frightmasters
                www.houseoffright.com
                Damon Carson

Comment

Jim is up at the crack of dawn beating and hammering every day 7 days a week making new things, there might be a few changes since you were there last.
                  sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Pepper's Ghost Controller

The PicoFX is a great controller for pepper's ghost effects.
                    http://www.frightprops.com/controlle...cofx-0897.html
                    www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                    [Google+] [YouTube]
                    [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

fright, does your controller dim one light at the same speed as the other one brightens? i have been looking for a good controler because i always had to make mine myself. on most peppers ghost illusions i know it only takes one light to dim but i have a set up where i make a ladys head disapear and it works better with 2 lights and 2 dimmers

Comment

Does it work on spouses? You may be on to something big wipp!
                        Damon
                        Damon Carson

Comment

hahaha damon, no we cant get that lucky. suprised jim didnt beat ya to that 1

Comment

does your controller dim one light at the same speed as the other one brightens?

>>> does your controller dim one light at the same speed as the other one brightens?

Yes, it does. It also has an MP3 player built in (with SD card).

PicoFX
                            www.frightprops.com

[FrightProps Blog]
                            [Google+] [YouTube]
                            [Facebook] [Twitter] [Tumblr] [Pinterest]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X