Haunt Info Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Info Line

What service do you use for a haunt information line? I want a non-land phone line dedicated just to be able to call in and hear a recorded message about your haunt.

Thanks in advance

-Grant
    -Grant

I'm not sure what you are asking. Since all the Satelite phones are exclusively in other countries (so your customers can only get the Russian or Chinese language version of your info) and the phone companies here even wireless want a subscriber fee or a per minute charge, you are gonna end up with a $1600 phone bill?

Or, you could find a local phone answering service for about $400 a month. Available in the phone book for your area.

People wanting to call an info line are not going to want to sign up for Skype or any other service just to hear your message.

Or just don't have one and use a web page or free myspace page exclusively but, again will the customers all sign up if not already a member to give a crap?

Perhaps for for $10 an hour a phone bank of Indian Service Representatives can answer. "My name is Mujibar and I am so happy to be scaring you today"
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Why a non-land line?
      Since no one is answering get the basic land line, no frills, attach a recorder, you're done!

There are even recorders available that have several options such as seperate mailboxes, It would allow you to have..."Press 1 for location, 2 for times, etc"
      R&J Productions
      Las Vegas, NV
      www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Good point Rich, I will look into that. The only reason I suggested a non-land line is because its temporary. I actually called AT&T and they said my option would be a virtual phone number with tele"something" (I can't remember the name) with voicemail.

It's only $44 a month so I will weigh the two options out. Thanks again for your input.
        -Grant

Comment

You also have the option of using broadband phone. Both Vonage and Packet 8 come to mind and I know there's many more out there.. Both are pretty portable meaning the phone company does not have to come out to hook service up. Vonage has a regular service with voicemail. Packet 8 has auto attendant (virtual attendant) and more business features.

Vonage.com
          Packet8.net

Good Luck!
          Ken Darrigo
          ClearCut Operations, Inc.
          ClearCut Operations | http://www.clearcutoperations.com
          TerrorDome Haunted Scream Park | http://www.terrordome.com

Comment

Panasonic 6.0 digital cordless phones can have up to a 3 minute out going message.
            I record a new message on ours several times a week.
            I like the portability factor. I can carry the phone around the house and record sound defects from various things as I record the message without having to involve another piece of machinery or worry about cueing up a second device.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
            X