Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording patrons and selling them the DVD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording patrons and selling them the DVD?

Hi,
    Hopefully everyone is almost done with their haunts and didnt run into any problems. haha yeah right!

Anyway, I have an idea for our home haunt this year. I would like to record patrons going through the haunt and sell them the video afterward. We could advertise this with a sign by our t-shirts and refreshments stand and for those that wanted to video they would just let us know. After the haunt we would get their name and information and send them the DVD or their experience say a week after halloween. We could charge maybe ten bucks and emphasize that their money is going toward next year. It would kinda be like buying a video of yourself on a rollercoaster at an amusement park

I dont know if anyone has done this before, or if any pro haunts do this.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
    Drew
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

I think you will lose alot of customers by having to mail it to them. It is an impulse buy and they want to put it in that night, they wont even watch it if it gets there after halloween. I have tried something similar with poor results.
    I want to note though that all you have to lose is the money for the signs offering the service. If you already have the cameras and are setting them up then they are not a cost factor. If you were going to buy cameras just for this service then I would not do it.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Do you think that the video not being avalible that night would be a turn off?

I dont think people should expect it to be ready seconds after they come out the door like at an amusement park. Just a thought though. And yes we will already have the cameras. I wouldnt buy them just for this.
      Drew and Shane
      www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

In that case I would go for it, if no one orders then you are not out anything.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Also I would make sure to call it a DONATION of $10 that way you won't have problems with permits just in case you have a cranky neighbor!

Comment

Working...
          X