Ok here we go again Logo for Haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok here we go again Logo for Haunt

Here is the main logo for my new Haunt let me know what you think.. And yes even you DA....lol

Shawn
    Twisted Woods
    Twisted woods finished.jpg

Shawn, I like it, although I really liked the detail in the first one, so who am I to judge, LOL! This one is much easier to read and still brings in the foresty woods element with the trees in the background. Possibly a punch up in the color to brighten it up a bit and even some white backshadowing on the letters to pop them a bit would be my only suggestions.

I would still stick with the original for t shirts and stuff. It looks super cool!
    Kimmy

http://hauntedkimmycreations.weebly.com/

Comment

To be honest Shawn I like it. Its a start but leaves much to be desired. I would add more trees behind the others. Maybe even bring a few more beside with a few branches over the letters slightly. Like a tree tunnel. Tree tunnels are cool! Maybe blood dripping over the letters. Or make the letters look vine or moss covered. Needs maybe a grave or a zombie walking in the background. Like a silohuette. Or even like a werewolf looking from behind a tree. Maybe for the letters the moon shining on them w shadows of the trees or branches on them even would do something for the lettering. Thats the part that needs the most work I think. Like the roots underneath maybe make them stand out more or make them larger as well. Like the letters are coming out of the ground like a tree. I know these are alot of ideas but some of them might help improve this in the long run. Good luck!
      Damon
      Frightmasters
      Last edited by damon carson; 06-17-2011, 05:40 PM.
      Damon Carson

Comment

Kimmy's right, the last drawing was beautiful. On the last thread, someone mentioned the previous design would make an awesome tshirt and I totally agree.

As far as this design, it is definitely closer to what I imagine a "logo" to be. The focus is on the text and this is a good thing. Beacuse of this, you could easily make more simple versions of it for printing and the logo would still be recognizable.

As far as tweaks, the first thing that I would suggest is make the word, "twisted" slightly more bold. There are several large differences between "twisted" and "woods"; height, width, color, boldness, angle, and depth. Contrast of elements and principles is generally not a bad thing, but "twisted" just does not have the same weight/presence as "woods". BTW, I appreciate the red outline outer glow on "twisted" and how that can connect it visually to the red "woods".

Overall, I think you're real close. Very talented artist!
        www.catacombproductions.com

Comment

Hey Shawn, Wanted to throw this out there. Just wanted to give some contrast and help illustrate what some folks think of when you say 'logo'. As I said on your first post, the illustrator doing your work is very talented and it's good stuff. It's just not a logo or brand ID. For a logo to work for your business it must be recognizable at a glance and somehow separate itself from all the visual activity around it. Simple, stark, eye catching.

One rule on how effective a logo will be is if you zoom it out to about 12.5% of original size, tiny. If it's still visually interesting in this state it may be a decent logo.

UPDATE: Same thing to the right, put another way - more appropriate for 4 color print, web, etc - the drama version.

Greg

Last edited by Twin Locusts; 06-18-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Much better than the first one in my opinion. I would make twisted bigger, and make both of the words bigger inside of the frame.
            just my thoughts,
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Halloweenish background helps me identify what it's about. MUCH BETTER then the 1st. Minimum detail and easy to get on product.

Comment

Cool

Great job Twin... I like what you did.... Maybe you cpuld help me with mine?

Comment

Hey Trail, yeah - just PM me what you're trying to create, just a brief on your theme and the exact name of your haunt.

Comment

Twin that 2nd logo does look good! Maybe if you could put more patches of dark on the twisted to make it look like bark. Just like I was thinking or described in my post. Only you brought it to life. I hope Shawn likes it.
                    Damon
                    Frightmasters
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Originally posted by damon carson View Post
                      Twin that 2nd logo does look good! Maybe if you could put more patches of dark on the twisted to make it look like bark. Just like I was thinking or described in my post. Only you brought it to life. I hope Shawn likes it.
                      Damon
                      Frightmasters
                      Thanks Damon, yeah, the good thing about brand ID art is there's no one way to do it I left Twisted un-barked because I noticed Shawn liked separation of the two words, usually branding is a uniform font but in some cases, like this, it can really work to go with different treatments of separate words. I dialed it darker and it didn't seem to work, I may try a whole different color scheme, sometimes departing from the obvious pallet can get good results, in this case "woods" screamed for bloody brown, haha.

Comment

This is looking real good! One small suggestion I might make is to put a slight black stroke around your letters so that that are separate from one another to make it just a little bit easier to read. Overall though looking really nice! Gotta love the Sinister Fonts, have been a huge fan of his work since one of his first fonts ever (cenobyte), they definitely are great for this industry!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                        -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

When creating a logo, most companies go thru lots of drafts and concepts before they reach there finished product. I like this one much better for marketing materials like a banner while the first one would be perfect fit a tshirt, hoodie or other apparel. The "twisted" needs to be more visible. It needs to compete with woods for attention but not to the point where it overtakes it.

Like twin stated, a logo is just that, logo. Look at Starbucks, Target or any sports team. A well designed logo can be transferred or joined with anything with out being changed. A well branded logo is easily identified by consures no matter medium it appears on.
                          Joshua
                          www.hauntedprints.com
                          info?hauntedprints.com

Comment

Working...
                          X