servo information/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• servo information/help

Hey everyone. Well, for the longest time now I've been wanting to get going on programming props using microcontrollers/ servos, etc. such as the prop 1. I have no idea and have tried again and again to learn how by reading on-line, books, etc etc. I just have to make this offer now due to being a "hands on learner". I need to know if there is anyone near the detroit area in Michigan that has props already built using servos similar to the prop 1 etc. and would be willing to teach me if I flew out there. Reason saying near Detroit is because I have family that lives out there that I can stay with. I would pay you for your time if you would be kind enough to tell me what I need to buy and everything and sit down w/ me explaining how to hook up all of the software to my computer, where to hook the valves into the servo, etc etc. and of course programming it all. I really appreciate any and all offers and hope that this is taken seriously. I am just really that desparate to learn being that i want to build a lot this summer. Thanks once again everyone!
    -Scott

Learning servo animation and control

I'm a real believer in using the VSA software from Brookshire Software. It only costs about $60 and supports just about every servo controller made.

VSA is very easy to learn. Changes to routines are easy to make, even on-site and at the last minute. You don't need to learn any programming language!

With VSA you can control lights, relays, dimmers, servos and more. There are plenty of add-on products also - like our (advertising here) Exorcist Haunt Controller and DMX interface.

Comment

Scott,

If you're using one of our products we'll give you all the help you want. As Jerry points out, products like VSA take the burden out of servo control, but there are times when you don't want a PC and interface hardware (total could be $500+) in the loop to control a simple stand-alone prop (e.g, a TCT) -- that's why we created the Prop-1 and similar products.

Post any programming question you want on our Q&A forums:

-- forums.efx-tek.com

... and I will happily coach you, albeit remotely (I live in Hollywood). If you look through the Prop-1 section of our forums you'll see that all you have to do is tell us what you want to do with the Prop-1 and we'll show you how to get there. We're very hands-on with our customers, you'll never hear us suggest, "Oh, just use product X and you'll have no problems..." -- this is a cop-out in our opinions. When you want help, we're available by phone or by web. Yeah, we know that's not the "norm" of business these days, but it's how we do things.

Jon Williams
      EFX-TEK
      Last edited by JonnyMac; 02-08-2008, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X