"The Cemetery" My home haunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Cemetery" My home haunt

Well i think after being in these forums since 08 i should finally make a splash. Ive been decorating the yard for Halloween as far back as I can remember being 8yrs old and making tombstones out of cardboard and blank squares of wood taking winter gloves stuffing them and staking them in the ground, and as far as boiling hot water to use the steam as a fog machine.. lol Ive done just about everything you can imagine. Ever since my display has turned into a massive undertaking and a year round project that i strive to make better every year when I thought I couldn't out do myself the year before. Id love to hear your comments on what you think its going to be allot to take in as Ive been quite for the past 2 years haha.

First off Im terrible at website designing so the best I could do is a myspace page.

http://www.myspace.com/the_cemetery

Onto a couple pictures.

The pictures below are some new tombstones that Ive aquired for this upcoming year
    Attached Files

Im to the left the wolfman is our painter and on the right is my father. The three of us pretty much are the team that make this happen.

Here is also a new logo that I came up with and was made with photoshop. The next is a mini model that I want to transform our facade into. Great inspiration came from a local pro haunt in the area. Lastly is a new webcaster gun i picked up Im quite excited to use that bad boy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by danny_p; 06-10-2010, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Very nice!! I like the lighting that you've done..good job!
      missjayne
      Netherworld Haunted Attractions
      http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Very nice work.
        Haunted Barn where the Undead Roam

Comment

VERY well done! I love the lighting you used... Very cool!
          Did you make your gravestones? If so, what did you use to carve them?
          They're beautiful!
          Can't wait to see what you do this year!
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Those four gravestones were another of many lucky finds on ebay..Only $50 plus shipping for all four! Ridiculous I know!!!!

Heres some more pictures of props we aquired last halloween.
            These gargoyles were another steal a local haunt in the area we found was selling props on craigslist and we got both of these guys for $50 a pop. They usually go for well over a 100

We have a very large collection of allot of nice props. The lighting I use are colored flood lights strategically placed along with 18"blacklite fixtures under certain props.

I can't wait to share how this year turns out with everyone Thanks so much for the kind remarks!!

Comment

Check this out.. These two pictures had to been from one of the very first years I ever started seriously decorating funny how this turned into what its become today!

Two more random shots from 2008 prebuilding

Yes I ACTUALLY lay down mulch covering the entire path from the front of the yard to the facade just to give it that extra look and feel.

Comment

Your static props look horrific just standing there. Very nice!
                You could have one tombstone facing away from the customers so it could not be read, then the gravedigger says, "Look! This stone has your name on it!"
                "No it doesn't!"
                "Oh, yes it does."
                "You don't even know my name!"
                "Then take a look at the stone and see what it says."
                (The stone of course has the inscription..."Your Name")
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nice job and pics. Very good steal on some of those props. I love finding bargains on stuff myself.
                  Damon
                  Damon Carson

Comment

Cemertary Lighting

Awesome job on the lighting really does make all the difference in a good haunt.
                    Grant Brott
                    Haunted House Startup

Comment

I hate to re-state the obvious, but here goes...

NICE LIGHTING!!!!!
                      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Invite sent

Comment

I agree with the others who have said it already...

Nice Lighting Danny!

Tom

Creative Consultant/Stage Manager
                          www.HauntedOverload.com

Comment

Thank Thank Thank You guys!.. Can't wait to share with everyone what I have planned for this year! Time is flying by!

Comment

Hey guys we have an update..started the new facade for this year..i think this will be the last time it changes of the past 3 years its evolved from one one to another its just been a matter of coming up with the perfect look I'm trying to achieve and this is on its way far from complete we also have side wall panels and have to build a separate roof..all of this will be enclosing the porch it will be an 8ft long tunnel to get to the front door. It will be filled with fog and some laser lights and draped in camo netting on the inside. The paint job will more than likely just be stone or brick work.

The front of the facade is 11ft tall by 7ftish wide

Im pretty well versed in the cad dept. so here was a rendering of what it would be looking like

Comment

Working...
                              X