What Is Everyone Building Right Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is Everyone Building Right Now?

I have a new front stoop pretty well built. In 20 years of ownership I have had three stoops, the last two pressure-treated wood, it still rotted , my new one is welded and bolted together steel bars 20 inches long by 1/2" thick by 1 1/2" wide.
    It has slots, grates with display potential underneath, I'm thinking bones and a lot of small change, all Gooped down to plexiglass but looking like a loose pile of coins.
    It measures 61 inches by 50 inches on a 9 inch high legged platform made of the same steel bars...I have no idea as to how much it weighs, it's real strong, it will rest upon the concrete sidewalk that is very old and thick.
    Yes, the several tons of these steel bars were given to me, a guy had them in his basement for 15 years! But I can use them!
    I once thought of using some of the real rusty and pitted ones as anal dip sticks as special gifts for special on-line people I have met over the years....of course they would be mailed COD with some postage due, the weightiness would inspire someone to pay to see what they had gotten.(Pretty rotten, huh?)
    hahahaah! The "Playground of the mind!"
    hauntedravensgrin.com

I will be sure not to pay any CODs from the Ravens Grinn Inn.lol. Right now just fixiing stuff from past years. Wood facades mostly, Florida weather just kills stuff left outside. Bones and lose change, your evil Jim.lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
      What Is Everyone Building Right Now?
      Right now I'm building a barbeque (from scratch) for dismembered limbs and such. I still need to paint a few things and order a sound card for the sizzling meat sound. I'll post a pic of the finished project in the "Soldering Problem" thread, down in the Homehaunting 101 sub-forum.

Comment

I'm building a picket fence about twenty feet long and making a gate for it. I Just finished building it, I'm fixing to paint it black white red and green mixed. I will start some graves and such soon.
        INSANITY SCREAM PARK

Comment

I just got down tearing down the inrie inside of our two story house. Right now its empty rooms with black walls. We are starting from scratch this year so we have plenty of long nights ahead of us, but it should be fun!
          Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I’m building a flying saucer. I can’t get the hyper drive to work, but the flux capacitor works like a charm.
            sigpic
            Louis Brown
            Owner, operator, and dish washer
            at
            DarkWood Manor

Comment

building right now

We are building a church facade based on the Jeepers Creepers church and a swamp town to go with it

Comment

Last fall I was overly ambitious and began work on my flying saucer. It is still in my garage half assembled. The numerous steel pipes I am going to make the "flying" framework from all seemed to hold their camoflauge paint rather well over the winter even though they were left laying outside . Maybe I did a good job grinding off the old paint and rust and used good primer?
                I figured there was still enough display room left in my backyard for it and a flying saucer was seen not far from my house in the early 1960's by our local chief of Police while on patrol late one summer night so I'm sort of paying homage to that event.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

As of right now nothing. But this Saturday 5/3 we start setting up walls to the haunt.
                  ~Bill Mlinac
                  The Deadland Haunted House
                  www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
                  www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

I’m building one out of old 10’ satellite dishes. Mark Kline at Enchanted Castle built 3 like that a few years ago as a publicity stunt. Those old dishes are perfect for the job. I just started putting it together and it already is starting to look like an alien craft. Once I get it painted and lit, it will look as if we are having a close encounter. I got my eye out for a big clear dome for the top of it. That would really add to it. I might have to break down and just have one made to fit it.
                    sigpic
                    Louis Brown
                    Owner, operator, and dish washer
                    at
                    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Lurker

Reroute the auxilliary reserve power to the main frame, and that should fix the hyper drive.

Comment

And inside the hyper-drive is a 12 yr. old boy named Aaron who isn't happy unless he's going as fast as he can peddle through traffic with at least one arm or leg in a cast to go with the stitches on his head!
                        A "holy Terror"!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X