Laughter, it's hidden meaning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughter, it's hidden meaning?

Last night late a couple showed up here for their first visit.
    The woman shrieked and laugh so much and made other indescribable laughy sounds she was hysterical!
    She was laughing at funny things I say and do and then some!?
    When we were almost done with the tour her guy was taking a bathroom break she confided in me that the whole time she has been laughing that she was really very scared!?
    "I'm afraid of the dark!"
    She was quite a good sport and she masked her fear well, all for the sake of being here with him, a place he wanted to go.
    Then came the Bad Dream Bed, she was enjoying it before him!?
    Later I made a little comment about "all the women he brings here every week, and nobody ever sees them again!"
    This played right in to what he had told and hinted at before they left Chicago!
    He stopped by his place of work ("Maybe to pick up a chainsaw?")) and asked her if she had told anyone where they were planning on going?
    (Don't want those pesky neighbors to testify about such things now do we?)
    I could do nothing but genuinely compliment her on how she did here, but for almost their entire time I thought she was just having a fun time here never guessing that she was so scared.
    As long as you are dealing with people, you will never have seen it all.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Being scared to some degree equals adrenaline, equals paying accute attention to everything which in the case of your tour is a whole movie's worth of life experiences in one evening, equals enjoyment of life, feeling alive.

All kind of a lost interactive process. Theater tickets on Broadway go for $400 a pop and up not even scalped prices. A few weeks ago there was an awards show just for live Theater. A few hours of examples of the elaborate productions on TV and the award goes to.....I came to realize the whole purpose of the award show is to remind people or inspire them to whip out their $400 a person across the country. Free samples, paid for by television advertising of soap and tampaxes.

Maybe we can televise the Grinnies?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Today I ended up on Utube watching Batman trailers with a tampax add before each segment (has Yahoo really placed the right kind of add for Batman? and how much is this costing Tampax to pay for millions of clicks?)which led me to this show called Brainiac where they blow stuff up and cause scientific damage or ask the sexy question "how hard is your thing?". The host was Hammond from the later Top Gear TV show which led to me to finally seeing the episode of the jet car he got badly hurt in.

The tire flew off at 230 miles per hour and ultimatly rammed his head into the ground as it rolled over violently. This happened on the 3rd run. On the first two runs he was learning to go faster, push the after burner button earlier and at the end of the runs was saying how he felt so extremely alive with the adrenaline pumping.

Meanwhile on the Bugati going 253 mph they knew the tires only last 12 minutes and the fuel supply for the 1001 HP engine only lasts 10 minutes as a result.

Perhaps there are scientific facts that only researchers in lab coats can determine at the ravens grin, like underwear only lasts 90 minutes? One way or another it will be soiled, wedgied or abraided. If the improper size is selected underwear might be over stressed and burst in a wild explosion of flesh? Either way, repeat tours are not incouraged on the same day. This must be why you will spend an additional 90 minutes after the tour debreifing participants outdoors where there is a wind.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Laughter is a way to relive stress when the brain is dealing with dissonance.

The brain realizes something is not "normal" or "safe" which is why stand-up comedy is funny when it plays against expectations or a person's norms. A stranger describes a familiar experience, the brain sees that as inconsistent and laughter results. A knight gets his arms cut off and he keeps fighting (a la Monty Python) and the brain sees the dissonance and uses laughter to relieve the mental pressure.

Wasn't it Steve Martin who said "Comedy Hurts"? So does haunting.

Clearly some people scream, some people laugh. It's all about the brain making sure it doesn't explode. Though that would be cool, frankly, as long as none of it gets on my nice leather jacket.

DARK HOLLOW HAUNTED FOREST
        www.DarkHollowHaunt.com

Comment

The other night I was laughing doing the tour, I was giddy from not enough oxygen in my brain? My brain was collapsing versus exploding?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X