The year in review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The year in review

The discussion of Bailey&Me/DB Dorey on the other thread got me thinking. Everyone else does a "year in review" so why not us. It was definately an interesting year in the haunt industry. I thought of a few and created this poll. What else comes to mind?

You know, when I look at this list, and I know I am proably way off base, but of the four things listed, only the closing of Spookyworld is not somehow related to the other three in some way. Let me explain:

Transworld decides to restrict Haunter access to their show. The upheavel from this causes the following:

1. More interest in Hauntcon and MHC, since those shows became the only real opportunities for Haunters to see the new marketplace and feel welcome by the event sponsors.

2. IAHA has to relocate their meeting, allowing current Board members who needed to be re-elected in 2004 over 9 months of additional time to sit without reelection. As the year went on, the importance of the election grew since more and more information about the current leaders saw the light of day.

3. With IAHA's annual meeting moved, it became harder for members to attend, and caused more problems as we could not hold elections, creating more unrest among the members. For the first time in a long time, members spoke out and screamed for new direction. The results may be far reaching for the haunt industry, since we could now see IAHA grow and move us forward.

So, if it was a catalyst for so much of this year's news we look for, it must be TW.

Also, I also think the insurance issues we faced this year is also a big story of itself

Just my 2 dollars worth........2 DOLLARS!!!!! I WANT MY TWO DOLLARS

Larry Pierce
    Candidate for IAHA Board
    The "Other" Larry

Larry Pierce
    World One Promotions

Candidate for IAHA Board

Comment

John Burton's safe recovery
      www.Doomsdayproductions.com
      www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

I'll raise my glass to that Steve.
        ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
        ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
        ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
        ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

There was a lot of big stories this year no doubt...personally I voted for TW because that affected everyone from small haunter to big haunter and everyone in between.

Spookyworld was also big because its an icon that has had a major impact on haunts everywhere.

IAHA is a joke, a flat out joke thanks to Liz Foral. If and when IAHA dies on teh vine in 2005 because of the actions of Liz Foral holding the assoication hostage then it will be the biggest story of 2005. I'm hoping the biggest story of 2005 is that IAHA gets new leadership and new direction and actually does something for the industry. The industry working together to make IAHA have a huge impact...now that would be a big story!

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner
            There was a lot of big stories this year no doubt...personally I voted for TW because that affected everyone from small haunter to big haunter and everyone in between.

Spookyworld was also big because its an icon that has had a major impact on haunts everywhere.

IAHA is a joke, a flat out joke thanks to Liz Foral. If and when IAHA dies on teh vine in 2005 because of the actions of Liz Foral holding the assoication hostage then it will be the biggest story of 2005. I'm hoping the biggest story of 2005 is that IAHA gets new leadership and new direction and actually does something for the industry. The industry working together to make IAHA have a huge impact...now that would be a big story!

Larry
            Count me in for some of that Larry!!
            The "Other" Larry

Larry Pierce
            World One Promotions

Candidate for IAHA Board

Comment

Bailey and Me is on my top list! Since i am on his black list.

Also Midwest haunt convention was good also
              And another good one that sticks out in my mind is Lawrence Mussgo.
              That was a long episode there.

Frank

Comment

Working...
              X