Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silent Hill; I watched it and I still don't get it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent Hill; I watched it and I still don't get it...

Okay.... be a college gradgeeyoot with a bunch of
    edjoomookashun abd I still don't get Silent Hill....

what gives?....
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Like I said in my review of the film.

Visually, EXCELLENT. The score, tone, colors, and sets rock. The killings and monster attacks great...but unless you followed all the games, you are lost in the parallel stories. THere are too many open gaps and and not enough closure or expanation to events.

It is a movie made for the gamers, and is very true in that aspect, but lacks in Movie plot and such.

I still enjoy the film and own the DVD. But I still also agree that the first part of the film is seperate from the last 20 min which reallt seem like 2 differentf films. And in areas it was too long and should have been tightened.

I still didn't help you but watch it a few more times.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Gotcha...
      I have the DVD and totally agree
      that it's an awesome visual and aural
      experience...
      Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

I loved the games and the movie. I hope they make more of both but, what I would love to see is a Silent Hill haunted house, now that would be wicked.
        Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I really did like the games (haven't played them in quite a while)...I guess they really can offer the tension that the movie just couldn't. When you're playing, you really sort of fear for your character and ponder the unknown. The movie was really just eye candy to me. We've had some elements in our haunt in the past the were inspired by the sets in the game. I think a haunt based on it would be really cool. Give me a budget, the liscensing and let's do it. LOL.
          www.mindseizure.com
          www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

..better have enough money in the budget for those 50 fog machines.
            Duplicating the fly-ash might be abit trickier.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I loved the movie, hadnt played the games before I saw it. I started playing them from #1 and i'll go from there. I am trying to do a few scenes this year that resemble the chain link and flesh feel. That's how i described how I wanted my knew website, and his is getting a good idea on it.
              Brian Warner
              Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
              Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
              Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I just realised what "Silent Hill" reminded me of.
                Anyone here , besides me, ever have a concussion and then the deep sleep following ? You find yourself stuck in a dream that won't end, even though you know it's a dream, it doesn't make any difference, it just goes on and on.......
                .......I may wake up from this long dream someday when they forget to replentish my IV and miss emptying my bed pan.
                Good help for the helpless is hard to find, especially if you can't wake up!
                "Where'd this chest tatoo come from?"
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

An event based off of the film would be sweet. You would def. need to get snow thrower from TW to make the ash effect and a ton of foggers, but it would be pretty sweet.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                  http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                  "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                  http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

I couldn't wait to watch it but guessed right away as soon as she said 'your bleeding that were dead'. When her husband came into the town and it wasn't raining ask that confirmed it.

Plus I didn't find the monsters scary at all. Visually stunning but pointless to the story line. The religious freaks were the scary ones. I also found too many holes in the plot. Why they burned, but the burned victim lived and had a daughter... what happened to the nurse... what happened to the cop...

One move I did watch recently that I liked was Hostel!! I am making a mini guiloteen for validating the tickets this year. The old factory was a brilliant set. Did anyone see Hostel?

Next on my list is the Wickerman remake.

Comment

I didnt care for this movie either. I actually fell asleep watching it. So I cant tell you how it ended.. but It was too boring for me. The lead character (that blonde chic) got on my nerves too much from the beginning. I thought the monsters were pretty cheesy too.

Hostel was just plain gross to me. Not one bit scary.. just disgusting. Like the part with that asian girl with the eye hanging out. Would you just walk down the street not even crying or yelling in agony? Im like a little girl if I get an eye lash in my eye not to mention having one burnt out with a torch. Parts like that just ruin the entire movie for me. But then again.. maybe she wasnt a puss like me. haha

I think the last movie ive seen lately that was alright was Death Tunnel. It was filmed at the Waverly Hills Sanitarium. Thats not a bad flick to check out.
                      www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

Originally posted by Head Cheese
                        I didnt care for this movie either. I actually fell asleep watching it. So I cant tell you how it ended.. but It was too boring for me. The lead character (that blonde chic) got on my nerves too much from the beginning. I thought the monsters were pretty cheesy too.

Hostel was just plain gross to me. Not one bit scary.. just disgusting. Like the part with that asian girl with the eye hanging out. Would you just walk down the street not even crying or yelling in agony? Im like a little girl if I get an eye lash in my eye not to mention having one burnt out with a torch. Parts like that just ruin the entire movie for me. But then again.. maybe she wasnt a puss like me. haha

I think the last movie ive seen lately that was alright was Death Tunnel. It was filmed at the Waverly Hills Sanitarium. Thats not a bad flick to check out.
                        LOL about the eyelash in the eye. That could be in the next Hostel movie. I saw Death Tunnel simply because it was filmed at Waverly. I'm fascinated with old creepy buildings. I wasn't overly impressed with the story itself, or the acting, for that matter. But, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it might be. Some of the characters were pretty cool looking, too.
                        www.mindseizure.com
                        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

yea I guess thats what made that movie. THe environment was just creepy as hell.

haha.. those eyelashes can be deadly!
                          www.myspace.com/travis_magee

Comment

Originally posted by virgil
                            Okay.... be a college gradgeeyoot with a bunch of
                            edjoomookashun abd I still don't get Silent Hill....

what gives?....
                            I'd have to agree. Not only didn't I "get" Silent Hill, I really didn't like it either. Perhaps it's partially due to the fact that I am not an avid gamer and didn't know the movie was based off of such a thing. Even so, in retrospect I believe if I HAD known beforehand, I still wouldn't have liked it. I guess I'm just a fan of movies with strong plots that can be followed with a reasonable amount of mental effort. This movie just didn't make any sense to me, period! It was way too abstract for my taste. Visually appealing, yes. Nice effects, yes. Confusing as hell, definitely! I saw it in the theatres and wished I had waited for the rental.

Originally posted by Jim Warfield
                            I just realised what "Silent Hill" reminded me of.
                            Anyone here , besides me, ever have a concussion and then the deep sleep following ? You find yourself stuck in a dream that won't end, even though you know it's a dream, it doesn't make any difference, it just goes on and on.......
                            .......I may wake up from this long dream someday when they forget to replentish my IV and miss emptying my bed pan.
                            Good help for the helpless is hard to find, especially if you can't wake up!
                            "Where'd this chest tatoo come from?"
                            That's another gripe I had with the movie. The same sequence of events just kept repeating time after time after time in a seemingly endless loop. I just got bored with it after a while.

Instead of "Silent Hill", the movie should have been called "Sleeping Pill". :twisted:
                            Happy Haunting,

Adam Drendel
                            Webmaster of http://www.HauntedIllinois.com

Visit us on Facebook for the latest updates! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Haunte...m/225595667213

Comment

so..... I finally got the DVD and went thorough the special features and watched the film. It was, if nothing else, some of the better horror movie sets I have seen in several years.... some of the set feel was on par with the work of Rob Zombie..... Just a good complete environment end to end.... the storyline was in tatters but it did make me want to play the game to see if what I filled in was the same plot they did.... the entire thing seemed an interpretation of the book What Dreams May Come tilted towards a hell concept simplified enough to place into the plot of a video game. Maybe I missed it completely though...... I can admit that as a fan of the Resident Evil game series that the plot to this movie is way watered down to a "gamer" mentality.

I agree the wrap-up was horrible.... it really pissed me off that they changed the color pallet for the film at that point. Just not what I was expecting...

If nothing else I place it in with Ghost Ship (02) for providing a lot of things that a haunter can use to get the mind moving.... But so can an evening with classics like Poe or Lovecraft..... and I like the classics....
                              http://www.innerfears.com/
                              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

Working...
                              X