WOW factor room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW factor room

What was your WOW factor room or scare idea this season that left guests a great lasting impression?

im not sure about wow factor. but my fav and most intense scene was my exorcism room. i think its because so much is going on at the same time. slamming dressers, rocking portraits, swinging chandiler, lights flickering. radio knobs turning, cross on the wall spinning. animated girl on the bed, and a 7 ft priest yelling at u and squirting holy water on u. like i said this room was nothing ground breaking in the haunt world but it sure seemed to scare the hell out of people because of the sensory overload.

Comment

The Entrance, First Room...

We scare many people before they have a ticket, right out front.
      Much dred, anticipation and awe as the front door opens.. followed my measured silliness.(I do need them to not run away!)
      Very odd and old furnishings greet them as a trully nutty and bizzarre event is happening on the TV, most cannot look away from it, it is so strange, as the room comes alive all around them, piecemeal an audio cue which teaches them to anticipate the next outburst..amd the next and the next... but they can never be ready for or anticipate the final assault as chanting and other sounds are now coming at them from the next room through a slightly open door...I alternate silly with scary. All silly for one roomfull, all scary for the next, or 50-50 in one room?
      I can talk, storytell for actual "Hours" about this house.
      Once they understand this, they calm down and more fully appreciate me.
      "Do you WANT to be in this room for the next three hours with me talking!!?"
      Torture is found where you make it.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

wow room ..

We had a couple of scenes that really stood out. One was a chainlink fence area that when you entered it the fence collapsed towards you.Then i had actors suspended from bungee harness start climbing down on top of them. Freaked people out.

I also have a pretty cool sewer area.About 3000 sqft. You take a hellavator to it. We were inspired by the Transworld interactive haunt running water scene. We had huge real sewer pipes that had running water everywhere.People loved it.

Buck
        Capt.Chaos
        Fear Asylum Haunted House
        Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

Two come to mind: I built a "Freddie Krueger" bedroom scene that was upside down. Bed (complete with headboard, bead spread, pillows, and stuffed animal), end table, lamp, vase, pictures, carpeting, everything was upside down. There was so much to look at that I could literally walk up to people without them realizing it. When they turned, Freddie was there (silicone & make-up, no cheezy mask) complete with the glove (chrome taped knives shining in their face). Had even the biggest guys screaming!

Second was the "tilted room". Entering hall was warped, like you were walking down a roller coaster track (to allow you to enter the room on the same angle as the inside floor). The entire room was built with a "tilt" of about 40*. The downhill wall had an extra piece of plywood attached to give the actor a 3/4" lip to walk along. Room was painted gray inside with carpeted floors & decorated walls. Pitched roof with exposed trusses to add to the optical illusion that you were in a room where gravity was skewed and something was walking on the wall. The big scare came when the actor (dressed like a gargoyle) leans and then leaps off the wall toward the patrons.

Both were a bit labor-intensive to build, but they were quite memorable to the patrons.
          Tilt Room 1.jpg
          Chad Portenga
          www.hauntedhall.com

Comment

Working...
          X