Moving Haunted Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Haunted Overload

As some of you may know, just before Transworld I received some devastating news. Through no fault of their own the farm Haunted Overload is located on can no longer host the event. I was bumming because we were just hitting our stride at that location and there were some awesome plans in the works for this year. Anyway, I walked around in a daze for about a day or two trying to figure out what to do this late in the season. I started searching the Internet and found a 120 acre apple orchard just a few miles down the same road. I didn't even know it existed before. I fired off an email proposal and hoped for the best.

To make a long story short we are now full steam ahead moving down the road to one of the creepiest patches of woods I have ever seen. This road in the photos below is only a small part of it. Once we get all our giant props and sets in there the lighting possibilities will be insane. I'm really looking forward to this new location because the haunt will look completely different. I will be able to be very creative in the way we build our sets in these woods and the scare factor will definitely be turned up a few notches in there. There is a clear patch on the outside for the biggest props and queue line to be set up.

Here are a few photos of the very start of the take down and moving of the first hillbilly shed. The old haunt looks like a bomb hit it as it gets dismantled.

My posting may be sporadic this season as I will have my hands full trying to kick some ass on this project. I'll post our progress as much as I can. I'm looking forward to watching Shane's progress as well so I'll try to keep up, lol.

Good luck to everyone this season, it will be tons of work but an awesome and much more scary set up when it's done.

Enjoy,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Best of luck with your new location. Nice pics. It was really nice to get to talk to you at Transworld. Keep up the good work.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

Good oppertunity to change things up. Cool that everything is working out and you secured a new location so quick. Keep the pics and updates coming.
        StackerSteve
        LoT 27
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

The area in that sixth picture is creepy as is. I think I've seen it in movies. You wouldn't catch me walking through there at night.

Comment

I agee with shawnc... The place looks scary by itself! What a wonderful space to work with! Glad things are working out for you.. Good luck!
            Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

good luck to you.
              you'll be fine, too much talent there not to have it go well.
              Gravely MacCabre
              aka Ricky Dick
              Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
              and
              Midnight Monster Hop
              Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
              www.castleblood.com
              www.midnightmonsterhop.com
              www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
              Lifetime achievement award winner
              International Costumers Guild

Comment

Sometimes bad things happen for a good reason.
                Last year a fellow haunter I considered a friend stole our location out from under us!!
                Losing a 10 year friendship was as hard as losing the location.
                We were forced to scramble and pulled a location at the last minute.
                We ended up doing better than the previous year, several people check on our old location and it looks like they didn't do very well!!!

Karma can be a bitch!!!

Looks like it will be a major pain in the as#, put you will be better off in the end!!!

Better to learn this now instead of in August!!! Hang in there, good luck!!

Rich
                R&J Productions
                Las Vegas, NV
                www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Comment

Eric

It was great to finally meet you at Transworld.
                  And If anybody can make this transition gracefully you can!!!!
                  Best of luck!
                  And KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS!!!!
                  sigpic
                  PEACE, ADAM
                  www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Great looking location Eric... You'll "Eric"trify the place and make it look awesome.

Good luck.

Wayne

Comment

Good luck with the new haunt!
                      missjayne
                      Netherworld Haunted Attractions
                      http://www.fearworld.com/

Comment

Eric My Firend!

Looks like we got alot in common! I am glad we got to hang together this year at TransWorld I am sure were going to have tons of storys to tell each other. Good luck my friend and keep us posted! Shane and its gonna be bigger and better! Shane this time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Looks like you found a REALLY great spot. Congrats!

Can you tell us a little bit about how you approached them, cost, just details you don't mind talking about?

Comment

Thanks a lot for the support everyone! Damon and Adam, it was great to talk to you at Transworld. Adam, the nursery sound effect CD and others I bought from you will be the perfect sound track for a scene I have planned. Eerie sounds of kids crying in the woods will send shivers down peoples spines. It's an awesome CD. Wayne, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you much this time at TW. the time flew by.

Shane, we do have a lot in common this year. We will both be up to our eyeballs with setting up new haunts. It's going to be fun to watch each others progress. Thanks for the awesome time at the party and Fearfest trip, it was a blast. Anyone who missed Shane's party this year make it a point to attend next year, it was great!

SpookywoodsFX, to answer your question. I search for farms in NH and found their website. http://www.demeritthillfarm.com/

I wrote them an e mail telling them I had to move and that they were the very first ones I was contacting. I sent on line reviews, photos and videos to them so they would know what they were in for if they took us on. Turns out they had been wanting to do a haunt for years but never had the time or know how. They had even been to Transworld Chicago years before. Instead of rent, we agreed on a % of the profit. If I have a good year, they will have a good year and vice versa. They see the value of having us at the farm bringing in so many more people in the fall.

I plan to cross promote with my old location and also buy Hay bails, pumpkins and cornstalks. Being right down the road will make life a lot easier for me.

My wife asked me what keeps me going on all this. After all, I have a full time job with hellasious 60 mile commute each way. I just killed myself for 3 years building this haunt up only to have to start all over.

Here is some of the answers below.

We have these patches on our cast jackets with a version of our pumpkin logo. Two of my actors went and got the design tattooed. I couldn't believe it. Now that's dedication for you! In fact more on the crew want to get different versions and my video guy wants to tape the next one for a promo piece, lol! Insane, I just wish I had thought of it first. How can I quit now? lol!

Also I just saw this killer review of our attraction. He just put it up last night, it really made my day and makes me want to strive to kick as much ass as possible at the new place. I wrote him and asked if he would mention the new location in the review and he did it right away.

http://www.bmoviegeek.com/2010/04/ha...9-haunted.html

Andy's tattoo

Emily's tattoo

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

Awesome!!!

That is a GREAT story Eric. It's so important to LOVE what you do. And clearly you and your crew do. EAT, DRINK AND SLEEP THIS BUSINESS! And loving every minute of it!

And glad you liked the Children's Nursery CD, That and Evil Whispers are the creepiest!
                              sigpic
                              PEACE, ADAM
                              www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Working...
                              X