No announcement yet.

I'm headed to the BEST haunted house...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm headed to the BEST haunted house...

Headed to Disney World and going to The Haunted Mansion. Time to take some time off. See you all next week. Try and behave while I'm gone.

Wicked Farmer

Best for kids 10 and under maybe, it's hardly scary for adults. But it certainly is a classic dark ride!

Enjoy your vacation!

DA

Comment

WF good time to go its cold outside. haunted Mansion is one of my favorites too. I feel that it's not always about how scary a haunt is, that it is about how polished the show is. I went through 4 times last spring. If you don't mind paying the money go see Harry Potter the ride is ok but the village that is around it is spectacular. The forced perspective of the buildings is cool to sit and figure out. I thought it was well done. Right now it's 19 degrees here in Detroit so any haunt where it's warm is the best haunt. Have a safe trip and don't forget the sun block.

Phatman
      Phatman

Comment

Haunted Mansion is just so classic and amazing. Went this summer and was smiling every second.
        Ryan

Comment

I bet if you ask a lot of Haunters they will probably say that Disney's Haunted Mansion was the attraction that inspired them growing up! Just saying. Other than Disney's HM you could probably count the Haunted Attractions on one hand in 1969!!

Comment

Only Disneyland's mansion was around in 1969 not Disneyworld's mansion that park opened in 1971. I think they are an inspiration no doubt but I've be we found them scary either, just very realistic which is great. They pioneered so many classic gags but the problem is that it's a Disney park so it still had the cartoonish look to some of the pop ups and the singing statues and the hitchhiker are cool but not too scary. If Universal had made a haunted mansion that would probably be more in the vision of a true haunted attraction but to really be like a haunted attraction you should have live actors.

Jake

Comment

DL and DW Best Haunted Attraction for its targeted audience EVER!!!! Got the DL one tattooed on my arm. Man my arm was small back then ;P

Comment

Originally posted by tonguesandwich View Post
                DL and DW Best Haunted Attraction for its targeted audience EVER!!!! Got the DL one tattooed on my arm. Man my arm was small back then ;P

Very nice tattoo(s)!
                Ryan

Comment

The haunted mansion is probably the only haunted house that you never want to see change, EVER. It's the only reason that-- if I were cleaning out a freezer and found the cryogenic head of Walt Disney, I would NOT place it in the Microwave (to watch it explode). Disney also put out a kid's Lp record called (drum role please) The Haunted Mansion, and that's fun to listen to as well. It had the same great music from the ride, and the same wonderful voice of Paul Frees (your "Ghost Host"). Scary? No, nothing at Disney is (except their drive to exploit every product they develop to the death and leave you broke), but it is an awesome dark ride, ranking among the best ever created (IMHO).

http://archive.org/details/TheHaunte...groundMusicBGM

(Remember this line? "Awk! Awk! The coward's way out! He took the coward's way out! Awk! Awk!")
                  Last edited by monsterwax; 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM.
                  www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

It was great.

Ok you guys/gals shake out the cobwebs and take a break for a few days. Great time to go BEFORE spring break. Wicked Farmer suggestions for cheaper stay...(cheap @ Disney does not exist) try Pop Century hotel on Disney property...or if party of more than 4 people Celebration Suites at Old Town literally 5 minutes away. Bite the bullet and pay for park hopper upgrade for Disney tickets. Mapleleaf tickets sells legitimate new tickets for all Orlando attractions at a discount. Drop me a private message if you go to Disney and I can give you some more insider info to make trip better.

Comment

I'm heading to WDW (staying Wilderness Lodge) the end of January! Can't wait to see the Mansion again!
                      Kirk Boemmel
                      Dark Ghost Manor
                      www.darkghostmanor.com

sigpic

Comment

Hey Tonguesandwich...

My daughter said I had to comment that she loves the artwork of your tat.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

SOMEDAY I really hope to see the Haunted Mansion in December, with the "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay. I hear it's spectacular!
                          Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

Comment

Working...
                          X