Thanks for sharing this! I must say I'm a little surprised by the percentage of phone ordering.
Originally Posted by drfrightner
As I dance my way around the whole subject of marketing- everything seems to indicate that peoples faces are now affixed to their phones- but they don't use them to order? I assume the rest would be from a pc at home or work, but this article I found says pretty much the opposite- http://marketingland.com/report-near...-devices-34639
Social media aside, what are some other ideas haunts are using to promote?
We have a street team that goes around to local events.
Also, this year we are starting a contest where actors/staff can hand out postcard size ads with coupons attached. The actors can write their number on it and whoever has the most turned in at the end of the season wins a cash prize.
I am a VP of Technology in Manhattan and run a pretty successful Charity Haunt on the side, or is my VP job on the side? This time of year I can never tell. Part of my strategic plan for the organization consists largely around social media. I wanted to share some facts with everyone.
- 27% of time spent online is on a social network (Experian)
- Facebook has 1.11 billion monthly active users
- 751 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products
- Twitter has over 550 million users
- More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
- 100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
- YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
- There are more than 2.1 million LinkedIn groups
- Pinterest has around 50 million users
- 40 million photos are uploaded to Instagram per day
- Facebook purchased instagram for 1 billion dollars back in April 2012 and will over time merge the two products. At this time it is still seperate and that is mostly due to infrastructure.
The top 10 social networking site are:
1. Facebook - Market share 57.1%
2. Youtube - Market share 24.8%
3. Twitter - Market share 1.72%
4. Linknedin - Market share 1.10%
5. Pinterest - Market share 1.10%
6. Yahoo Answers - Market share 0.98%
7. Google + - Market share 0.80%
8. Tumblr - Market share 0.48%
9. Tagged - Marketshare 0.47%
10. Reddit - Market share 0.45%
Who ever said Face is not being used by kids is not correct. Facebook still has the highest market share by far and by saying kids are using instagram you are only saying they are using another feature of Facebook.
Social Media is tricky at best. They have not worked out the best way to sell advertising yet and that is mostly due to them not totally understanding how people are using the sites on a daily basis.
Use the free stuff they all give you. I would not invest to much money into the paid advertising unless you are paying big bucks or selling a game!
Want to sell your haunt. Figure out how to create a viral video. When you have the ability to do that, sell the haunt and then sell the idea on how you were able to nail down the process on making a viral video. LOL!
Can we hear some other non-social media initiatives?
On-street promotions? Partnering with other businesses? Sponsorship drives?