No announcement yet.

Violence within your haunt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The late comedian Ernie Kovaks did an act wearing a monkey mask while playing the drums frantically. During the drumming he would get one hand free for just a split-second, reach up and rip off the monkey mask only to show another monkey mask on under the first one!
    As the wild drumming continued he kept pulling off his masks until he got back to the same looking , original monkey mask!
    I have never figured out how he could have done this in the early 1950's?

"Go ahead, punk, make my night, yank off my face!"
    Then a much more hideous one waits underneath..........
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Pumpkin head - ouch!!

Still a problem - she shouldn't have been touching anything. Because space is tight in a couple areas props are within easy reach we glue or nail them down. Did have one guy with sticky fingers but he was caught and we used him as part of an impromtu show and mocked him in front of all his friends before ejecting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeverity
        Pumpkin head - ouch!!
        we glue or nail them down.
        It was glued down , to my face! YEOW!
        PH
        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

I tried to discourage some people from trying to pull a mask from a manniquin by coating the back edge of the mask with white grease, they wouldn't keep pulling on the mask, ( I Won!") But then they would instantly wipe the grease on the closest wall (I lost)
          Of course it is often absloutely impossible to anticipate every stupid or crazy thing that any human is capable of doing.
          20 years here, I'm still learning.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

ok heres my 2 cents,
            As a police officer for the past ten years I need to say as owners you must PROSECUTE!!! there is nothing more irritating than responding to a call, be it an assault or a larceny and once the owner gets his stuff back they go "oh i got my property back, i just dont want them to come back, thats it". Most of us are like then why in the heck did you call us!
            I must say if one of your workers is assaulted or if something is taken then please, please, please prosecute, take out the warrant (if in NC) and follow up on it. This sends the message that you don't tolerate anything and will help cut down on future events. Kids pass the words fast and it will be passed. Everyone will know if so and so got arrested in the local haunted house for not acting right.
            I also urge you to hire LOCAL law enforcement, a lot of the time we can spot the trouble makers as they are coming in since most of us deal with them day after day and can warn you to watch this person on camera or to deny them entry. Remember its a private business you can refuse anyone you wish. Once you ask them to leave and they dont its trespassing.
            I know you dont want to lose business but this does happen a lot with soem people for some reason thinking that they can assault people in haunted houses, why I dont know, maybe because they think that they are not being watched?
            I also suggest you keep a ban list, if you tell someone to get lost, if you can jot donw the name, date and time and who ejected them, Im sure you know these guys will try to come back the next night. This will give you ground to have him removed by the police since he was already warned and you have it documented.
            Anyway thats my rant, got to go back to work!
            Its not who you are or what you do that makes you important, its what you do for others that does.

Comment

Jim, strange that you mention that an Ernie Kovaks skit with monkeys. His skit with the tree monkeys with the one conducting used to scare the hell out of me as a kid.... that damn music still terrorizes me.... not sure about the rest of ya here.....

On topic.... Its a good thing this thread popped back up... the advice from Dave back in 05 was fantastic! We do some of that but there are a few things on there we don't and should. Thanks!!!
              http://www.innerfears.com/
              http://www.innerfearshauntedhouse.com

Comment

I once had one of my female actors felt up by some old guy in one of our darker rooms...she was not sure if it was an accident or not, but she took the rest of the night off. Things like that are tough to police, unless you have night vision cameras set up....
                Heartstoppers
                Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

I have placed female workers in positions that obligated them the least possibility of being groped and such , only to find later as the night went on, they were putting themselves into extremely risky places , so one does need the help of the people involved to make things like that not happen. We just can't "think' for everyone.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                  X