making a chainsaw spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• making a chainsaw spark

is there any other way to make a eletric chainsaw spark besides hooking a car battery and chainlink fence.i use a chainsaw in my act ,i want to make it look like it still has a chain on it when i scrape the ground near there feet.thanks for the help.

A magnesium strip will spark against metal and rare earth element will make a spark against concrete and stone.
    Allen
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Hey Sparky !

Okay.... heres a couple quick fixes for you.... ( Not much time left ~ the year is almost over so ya better hurry ! )

Yes Magnesium will spark against metal.... but be careful ~ sparks in the wrong place can cause a problem and fast !

Search your local surroundings for some Magnesium or a magnesium round bar. ( You can cut it down to size and shape it as needed ) Attach this piece to the end of your saw blade by drilling 2 holes one at each end of the bar as well as 2 holes alined with the others. ( COUNTER SINK THE SCREWS / BOLTS ) the last thing you need is a sharp edge !

VIOLA !! - Magnesium throws redish orange sparks

Another idea ~ and I had experience with this is TITANIUM .... Low riders use it to throw sparks when they drag their vehicles... now, I dont know how it works at lower speeds.

Both of these you can purchase locally in round bar stock - cut em down and try them out. I do know Magnesium only works on metal surfaces ( Not on concrete )

( Remember ) if you happen to have a Magnesium fire, DO NOT TRY TO PUT IT OUT WITH WATER !!!

LETS SAY THIS ONE MORE TIME,

DO NOT TRY TO PUT IT OUT WITH WATER !!

Magnesium creates its own oxygen when water is applied making a brighter, stronger, more intese fire.

Another idea is to get flint steel and attach it the same way - this only works on metal surfaces
      Last edited by maliciousstudios; 10-19-2009, 06:40 AM.
      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
      www.maliciousstudios.com
      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

hmmm

SOOOOO if I have a magnesium fire.......hit it with a bucket of water.....right?
        Hmmmmm wonder what kind of trouble I can get in.
        Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

Magnesium fires

Just to maybe help you out and keep things safe here is a small amount of info on magnesium. This is a class D fire and WILL NOT be put out by water. That will make things worse. Also you should know that a common ABC extinguisher will not put this out. You will need a class D extinguisher and these are a little spendy. Just trying to help out.
          Capt.Chaos
          Fear Asylum Haunted House
          Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

We have done a haunted for about 15years and this was the frist year to use a chain saw and we had more scary then ever but I did not like that fact that we had so many people come a say that they got hit or tuched even when I now it didnt happen because i worked it for a nigh or two and they say I tuched them and I now I didnt so we are not going to use it any more frist and last year for that lol

Comment

Working...
            X