Decision time! To or not to open November 6 & 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decision time! To or not to open November 6 & 7

Out of curiosity, is anyone open on November 6 and 7th? We do not currently have it on our schedule... but we are trying to add it as a rain-date-weekend. IDK about the rest of the country, but the east coast is getting slammed with terrible weather. We have lost 3 of our first 7 nights... 2 being Saturdays... now they're calling for rain this Friday and Saturday again...

Luckily we still have plenty of media left to advertise the extended weekend, and it is early enough to put it on our web site. Has anyone had experience with adding nights to their schedule (not on their original schedule?)? How has it worked out.

Any hunches? Am I wasting my time and my actor's time to open that weekend? let me know what you think.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com
    sigpic

If your cast is volunteer, then go for it. If you pay them then throw and party and have them help you with wrap up.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

thanks

Allen H - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, we couldn't extend our event permit. Hope to see you sometime in the off-season. Hope everyone has good weather these last few weeks!
      Patrick Barberry
      www.legendsofthefog.com
      sigpic

Comment

My experience past Halloween, even on Nov 1 has been pretty disappointing. YMMV
        Brett Hays, Director
        Fear Fair
        www.fearfair.com

Comment

Legend:

I was ahead in numbers until this past weekend with 30 degree weather and raining. I know the feeling!

I actually thought about opening November 13th since it is on a Friday and just gore everything up.

We are all doing the "Go away" rain dance in PA. Good luck!

Comment

We are open and will stay open both Friday and Saturday of that weekend.

I hope we do well last year we tried it and it worked out great.
            Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

If You Are Only Open

in October, I would think you would have to somehow c heaply advertise it alot to get the word out, therein lies the problem, along with everyone's mind shutting out Halloween thoughts come the sharp blade of November one.
              Did all the stores putting out Christmas decorations last month short of squew the public's mindset for us too? Anyone else notice that?
              I guess stores are despearately hoping to make a buck anyway, anytime they can??
              I can have nusy Novembers until the weather turns unpredictable.
              Sometimes most of my November patrons would be haunted house people!
              I have been open almost every night of the year for 21 years and people know this.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
              X