Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback on FEARFEST in Columbia, Mo.

This was emailed to us by Haunted Enthusiasts

The Haunted Enthusiasts is a group that travels the country visiting haunted attractions and haunt related locations. Started by Jim and Stephanie Patton, the group visits 7 to 10 states a year, visiting anything tied to the haunted industry. Living in Ohio, we have had fellow Enthusiasts join us from as far away as Michigan, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Colorado, the list goes on and on.

The Haunted Enthusiasts also rate the haunted houses and haunt related attractions they attend. (We plan a website by early 2010 to share our ratings and travels with everyone. We've been averaging three fairly major trips a year for about 10 years, so we'll have to find some down time to get that done!)

In the first 2 weeks of October 2009, we visited 32 haunted attractions of one type or another in 7 states (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas, Oklahoma & Kansas).

We will be writing a number of endorsements this year as we visited the most 10 out of 10 haunts of any previous trip with three 10 out of 10's.

The three 10 out of 10's are:

Raycliff Manor in Joplin, MO
    Dungeon Ride 3D in Oklahoma City
    and.... FEARFEST in Columbia, MO.

Please note that FEARFEST was listed last for effect.

If "last but not least" was ever appropriately used, you will find that it applies to this haunt.

Most great haunts top out around 7 out of 10.
    An 8 out of 10 means great acting and great set design.
    A great backstory/history/location pushes that to a 9. (Think Eastern State Penitentiary, an actual prison that runs a great haunt in, well let's say a pretty impressive location).

To get the very rare 10 out of 10, you have to have that something really special that reminds us of childhood. It's a combination of acting, set design, setting, backstory, the haunt looking like it could really be old/haunted/etc.

We literally get a feeling in our chest of excitement that we rarely feel these days when we get to this special kind of haunt.

Our favorite haunt on this trip and the haunt that has done the best in a very long time of capturing that feeling of excitement???

FEARFEST in Columbia, Missouri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though other haunts also captured this feeling and therefore captured a 10, Fearfest did it best and really reminded us of that excitement of being around 12 years old and going through an actual old house that someone has done a great job of haunting and having a really great and memorable time. I think we have now given four 10 out of 10's.... EVER!

FEARFEST reminded us why we put so much time, effort and money into these trips. We have maybe had one other haunt in 10 years give us nearly this much enjoyment.

We can't say it enough, for a group that knows haunting and knows what a great haunted house is, FEARFEST in Columbia, Missouri is an all time favorite.

Take it from somebody that drove across the country this year visiting haunts both big and small:
    If you make it to only one haunted house in your life, make it FEARFEST!!!!!
    You will learn the definition of good haunting!!!!

To Greg and Christina and the entire FEARFEST Family, please take it to heart when we say;
    "YES, THANK YOU FOR GETTING IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    Greg Allen
    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
    www.andersonfarms.com

That is awesome Greg. Congrats on the review and the great rating.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

Comment

Congratulations Greg! When Jim and Stephanie visited us, they had told us they rated your haunt a 10 and they RAVED about you guys!!! I knew they were going to let you know directly so I held my tongue. I'm so excited for you bro and for your entire team! Way to go! I hope your remaining nights of operation and safe and HUGELY SUCCESSFUL! When it's all over we need to get some Mom time. She's been missing us!

Kel
      sigpic
      Kelly Allen
      Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
      www.RaycliffManor.com
      www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
      www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Congrats Greg and Christina! Now you can use this in your marketing one of the only haunted houses in MO to be rated a 10 outta 10. When Granny got to talk to them they seemed really impressed and really enjoyed your haunt. Hope everyone is doing good and look forward to doing your haunt next year. Oh and Kelly you are Def on my list to work at next year. Also congrats to your brother Kelly!
        Last edited by Tater; 10-21-2009, 12:08 PM.
        Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

WOW that is awesome congrats on all the hard work and time, miss you guys can't wait too see you all.
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome news!!! Congrats to you and the other haunts mentioned. Pretty neat to have a group that is dedicated to visiting and enjoying haunted attraction all over the country.

Scaren Karen

Comment

That i great news Greg! Like I said time and time again I think you have a top notch haunt

Andrew

Comment

That's great to see all your hard work pay off. I'm sure feedback like that makes it all worth it.
                sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

CONGRATS GREG!!
                  That is one awesome review that I am sure you are very proud of!

(The queue line actors that night did it for ya, right? HAHA JUST KIDDING)
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the positive words. Its nice to be recognized for the hard work our whole crew puts into making Fearfest a sucessful haunt.

Kel, My brother.. You were also included in that 10 out of 10 list so I guess it runs in the family! lol If you talk to Mom before I do tell her we have some celebrating to do at Thanksgiving.

Hey Doc , you and your wife still planning on coming to our 4th of July party?

Tater and Lauren, Thank you both for coming to Fearfest and preforming. The crowds loved you both and ANYTIME you want to come back we would be more that happy to have you both. And Tater, I promise not to make you fly on a commuter airplane again! LMAO
                    To the rest of you haunters, Have a great season and look for us to be open again in March for T.W. if we can squeeze it in the tradeshows schedule.

Thank you all!
                    Greg and Christina Allen
                    Creators of
                    Fearfest haunted House
                    Columbia, Mo.
                    Last edited by N2SPOOKINU; 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM.
                    Greg Allen
                    scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
                    www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Working...
                    X