Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's Swine Treating You?

Flu, that is?
    Trying to find enough warm bodies to fill-in the employee roster, hoping just because a large high school 2 hours away had 900 call in sick yesterday that maybe we can all still see enough tickets sold to pay those bills we like to be able to pay....people coughing, sneezing, not covering their mouths, people using your items for wiping surfaces for their snot and spit!
    We have seen it all so far, but then maybe this is a common ordeal...?
    Not "Fun".
    hauntedravensgrin.com

We've been hit hard too by the cold and flu season. Hard to tell if it's the swine flu. I believe at least 1/3 to 1/2 of our team has been sick. What surprises me is that they've all made it in every night in spite of feeling like crap and they're still doing an amazing job! I'm really fortunate to have an AWESOME team! We're all eating vitamin C like crazy and doing everything we can to get and/or stay well.

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Well Our staff hasnt been out But We have so many people walking though so sick. Dont see why they dont just stay home. So every night I walk the whole haunt and spray it all down. I hope that keeps down the flu. But good luck yall.
      BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
      www.horrorfields.com

Comment

Within the last week we have all noticed fewer coughing customers and the ones who do randomly cough seem more adept at doing it into their inside of their own elbow or something.
        We provide the flashlights for the help, I use the heavilly alcohol hand sanitiser to clean them. (the flashlights not the help)
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

During our orientations, we went over flu and germ transmission prevention pretty heavily, but some people just don't listen. We have sanitizer placed everywhere, we disinfect masks before and after each person uses them, baby wipes on faces before makeup is applied, we've told everyone to couch into a sleeve and not hands, the "three foot rule" (basically, don't stand so close to other people), DO NOT COME UP IF YOU ARE SICK... THe list goes on.
          But we still have people coughing not only on their hands, but into the open air in front of people. One guy coughed in my face as he was talking to me. And it seems like no one listened when we said stay home if you're sick.

The other night( I think thursday, but the days are all a blur) we had actors dropping like flies all night. We started with just enough to fill the House, and ended up closing a couple rooms and stretching the actors thin on the other rooms, just to be able to stay open.

And with my health conditions(chronic pain and nausea), I keep ginger ale for myself in teh refrigerator. I've had to give out at least half my stash to actors this year...

Ugh. The only good thing about October is the Haunted House. And this Flu crap is starting to tick me off.

Comment

We have had some of us get really sick this season, including myself. I didn't think it was the flu but it might have been after hearing our local news describe the swine flu as a little milder than they thought it was. Hard to say what it was but whatever it was it has definately been working its way through the haunt.
            Jared Layman

Comment

I was worried this season about it, but we lucked out. No major impact noted. Being in Florida may have something to do with it though. And as usual, the media tends to blow these things out of proportion.
              www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

so you are saying...

The media "blows"?
                A ten foot wide, secondary canal overran it's banks in Mount Carroll many years ago, I think on a Tuesday, flooding the basement of one old house built on a flood plain and of NBC,CBS and ABC, 2 of the three were covering this non-story like it was extremely important to the world!
                Serious voice inflections and furled brows showed the unblinking "eye" how serious this all was to mankind, you better believe it!
                Now for a word from our frivoulous sponser who needs to sell you their crap.
                Tune in again tommorrow.
                Buy a second helping of this BS and more crap.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X