First haunted house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First haunted house

Ok so I'm a teenager and I was going to build a haunted house I built a jail cell agenst My shed out 3 feet the the width is 5 feet and I made it out of PVC pipes. I need to build a straight wall 40ft and we were going to hang tarps and cloths from the cord and have that as a wall cause we have very little wood and we got like a 100 budget! I already have a bunch of decor but I need to go buy my new fog machine and strobe light! What should I keep in mind for my first haunt ??? My jail cell is like 6 feet tall and it's a square! How can I make something scary for when they go throw my 2 car garage? Plz give me tips!

Srry forgot this

Ok well my haunted house is a maze in the driveway te a room in the garage and then to the side of my house and out my side gate is that alright?

Comment

Nice to see a new user in these parts

#1 instead of double posting use the edit button to add to previous posts.

#2 Going from the driveway to the garage and out should be alright as long as there are no steps, ect... and if there are, they must be visible even to the blind.

As for everything else in that list, could be please be a little more specific on what you want. Then us as fellow haunters can help you better.
      Scareside Studios/ Haunted House

Comment

O there r no steps but wat is the thing about insurance do I have to worry about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Haunt-Noob View Post
          O there r no steps but wat is the thing about insurance do I have to worry about that?
          Your home owners insurance should cover anything that may happen during your haunt. Its the same as if someone trips on your doorstep while trick or treating. Be sure that dark hallways dont have any hazards and you dont have cords hanging i people paths. You may still want to call them and see about extra coverage on the nights your open.
          Drew and Shane
          www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

how can i build walls for cheap!i have a couple short pieces of 2 by 4's and 2 by 2's and 2 by 6's but only like 8 all toagther and i have some flat piesce of wood like 10 of them and i got some wooden stakes and a BUNCH OF TARPS!(i also got one of those quicksahdes!

Comment

The most important info anyone can give you for your first haunted house is.......START SMALL. Seems like you have VERY little time, money, and planning thought out for this . Search the term "panel" on here for wall construction, but you won't get those done with a couple pieces of scrap wood.......going to need lots of 2/4's and 4/8 plywood sheets, other lumber can be used such as 2/2's and plastic but you would have to get some other members thoughts on it. As far as planning look up "google sketchup", you can download it free and form a layout . Remember start small and build your way up to a big haunt.
              Last edited by KING'S KRYPT; 10-24-2009, 02:31 PM.
              Chris Riehl
              Sales@spookyfinder.com
              (586)209-6935
              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by KING'S KRYPT View Post
                The most important info anyone can give you for your first haunted house is.......START SMALL. Seems like you have VERY little time, money, and planning thought out for this . Search the term "panel" on here for wall construction, but you won't get those done with a couple pieces of scrap wood.......going to need lots of 2/4's and 4/8 plywood sheets, other lumber can be used such as 2/2's and plastic but you would have to get some other members thoughts on it. As far as planning look up "google sketchup", you can download it free and form a layout . Remember start small and build your way up to a big haunt.
                Thanks soo much well today we have Half the walls built we toke black plastic and stapled it around a cord going from my shed to the side of my house and another was from a big post to wooden fraames. It has held up after being pulled on and ran into by us soo far and on the bottom we stapled it to wood!

Comment

I wanted to say that I picked up several fog machines from wal-mart several years ago when they were on sale, and they seem to work really well to my delight. They are cheap, and I have used the same 2 for 3 years.
                  Somebody stole my signature

Comment

We've used Walmart fog machines when in a jam... they work pretty good and the good part is Walmart doesn't have a problem takng them back if they break...which they will!

LOL

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President
                    www.HalloweenProductions.com
                    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

yes they will, just when you need them most,

Comment

Rosco Foggers!

I mourn their loss, they were great! Had 2 of them @ $300 each!
                        BUT, turn them on, wait a very short time and they would dependably put out the fog for you!
                        No other cheaper machine has ever been able to do this for me. I am open almost every night of the entire year so these Roscos got plenty of use. I can wait forever and some of those cheap machines make fog "IF" & "When" they feel like it, nothing predictable or dependable about them in the least.
                        I watch the little light, if finally turns off which means it's ready to work, I push the button and it switches to not-ready and will once again just sit there using electricity, making nothing.
                        A $10.oo Wall-mart fogger worked pretty good, outdoors (year-round) for maybe 3 years.
                        I never use great amounts of fog either.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yea but if you're gonna get a cheap fogger, buy it from walmart and save yourself 20 bucks.
                          *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Working...
                          X