Darkness Transworld Tour Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry,
    The Darkness tour was amazing this year! The timed ticketing was a nice touch, didnt have to wait but maybe 30 minutes. Your actors did great, got me on several occasions. The group scares is what got me the most. The falling ceiling got me good! Even though the barrell wall didn't work, it was still impressive to see. I look forward to the youtube video. However, your other leaning barrels got me...

The detail with your new scenes was very impressive. They blended well with the rest attraction. The endless hallway illusions were awesome. I tried not to stare at them for to long.

Thank you Larry and thank you to your team. Ya'lls hard work with your attraction made for a very enjoyable and educational experience. You waiting at the exit was a nice touch as well. I wanted to shake your hand and tell you thanks but you were surrounded by many people. So I thank you here. We drove from Texas thru the night for 11 hrs straight to see Transworld and The Darkness for one day. Even though we were only able to stay that one day, Transworld, with The Darkness tour as well as the 3 hrs spent at City Museum may have been the best 15 hrs of my life.

Can't wait for next year. Thanks Again!
    Daniel Burnett
    PR/Operator
    Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
    13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
    whenhingescreak.com

Comment

The barrel wall worked when we went through, it was awsome .The sound that it made was incredible. I know you were rushed on the lighting but I was disappointed that all your new work was so dark .It didnt show the awsome detail that you had put into it. Still enjoyed your Haunt , Thank you.
      Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

The lighting was done in the last three days of the show. We will continue to work on both the sound and lighting but mostly the air problems.

Next year I won't be doing another tour of Darkness mainly because I'm not planning any major renovations 2011. If I can think of something major to do without tearing out the whole attraction might reconsider but I doubt it.

I do know we plan on building one MAJOR scene it was the scene we didn't build this year because we ran out of time. We'll work on that one next year.

NO ONE got to see the ACTORS RIG ... once we get that working I'll post some photos of it and or a video.

We built an actors rig that lifts an actor into the air and over the top of customers...basically making an actor FLY!

It worked a few times have some photos of that, but didn't get all the bugs worked out so we decided not to attempt to do anything for the safety of our actors.

I'm almost positive we are doing a third haunted houses here in St. Louis in a MAJOR location... if we do this we'll do a tour because you'll love the place. But we'll see...

If we finish anything else on the Darkness 2010 I will post some photos here!!!

I will start a thread soon about Creepyworld 2010. I will do exactly what we did last year and show you the build out of Creepyworld. Stay right here and you'll see that place go from nearly nothing to a major attraction.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Larry, I'm sure people would still go on a tour even if you didn't do thing to it. It's not everyday that a haunter gets to go to a haunt, let alone one like the Darkness.
          Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          The lighting was done in the last three days of the show. We will continue to work on both the sound and lighting but mostly the air problems.

Next year I won't be doing another tour of Darkness mainly because I'm not planning any major renovations 2011. If I can think of something major to do without tearing out the whole attraction might reconsider but I doubt it.

I do know we plan on building one MAJOR scene it was the scene we didn't build this year because we ran out of time. We'll work on that one next year.

NO ONE got to see the ACTORS RIG ... once we get that working I'll post some photos of it and or a video.

We built an actors rig that lifts an actor into the air and over the top of customers...basically making an actor FLY!

It worked a few times have some photos of that, but didn't get all the bugs worked out so we decided not to attempt to do anything for the safety of our actors.

I'm almost positive we are doing a third haunted houses here in St. Louis in a MAJOR location... if we do this we'll do a tour because you'll love the place. But we'll see...

If we finish anything else on the Darkness 2010 I will post some photos here!!!

I will start a thread soon about Creepyworld 2010. I will do exactly what we did last year and show you the build out of Creepyworld. Stay right here and you'll see that place go from nearly nothing to a major attraction.

Larry
          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

We saw the barrel room work on Thursday. I think you were having some issues with them turning on you and not rolling all the way back. But the noise this wall makes is really great. Nice touch like your bodies that fall down from the ceiling.

I have to say that I liked the way you set up your actor area for the application of the clown makeup. Got us thinking about our actor room and makeup area.

It was an overall great show.

Oh and Gary (your fellow that has been with you for years) is a really cool guy to talk to. He is great with PR. And the little fellow that was in the church season, he is just awesome and loves his job.

Comment

We toured on Saturday and even though the barrel room was'nt operating we were overly impressed with everything. Truly awesome!

Comment

LArry, lloking forward to more pics of Darkness and Creepyworld.

And what was the older thread on CreepyWorld from last year? I dont remember seeing it.
                Brad Bowen
                Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Again thanks to everyone who attended our tour. I have a video coming out next week about the tour... you might see yourself. Its a five minute video with interviews, footage and more. I will post next week.

Lastly, I wanted to say we will do some kind of tour next year on a NEW attraction we are working on. Once I have everything in order and know exactly what we're going to do I will post all the details on this website.

We were talking about Darkness as well I've just had so many people including TW asking us to open it again... we will not be doing any type of major renovation to the place next year so I don't think it warrents a tour.

However we are gonig to tear out one room downstairs and build one major room upstairs so if we do something MAJOR we might open The Darkness as just a walk through with no actors on the same night we open this NEW attraction.

We'll see but I will let everyone know soon.

Anyway again thanks for the support and look for the video next week.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

Take another look back at these threads the older Darkness threads... You can see how far The Darkness has come over the last three years. This thread is YEAR TWO... I think when you look back you'll see the effort we've put into this and see just how we've tried to do everything we could to keep you guys entertained. The education process has been great for ourselves and hopefully for you guys as well... I really hope that our three tours have helped this industry become better across the board. This was our only goal.

I think this year though 2011 takes the cake... its the best of the three years. However you be the judge.

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Working...
                    X