A WTF?! Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A WTF?! Moment

I'm sure at some point in time we've all encountered one of those moments where a customer does something so outrageous, clueless or flat-out inconsiderate that you can't help but look at them and think, "What The F**k?!"

The most recent one for me came this past Friday night. A group came in and as I was giving my spiel, this guy is furiously clicking away at his Palm Pilot (I have come to SERIOUSLY loathe cellphones, Blackberrys and their ilk) and as I finish speaking, he looks at me and asks, "How long will it take to get through? I'm in the middle of an online auction for a motorcycle".

So help me to God, I'd have given anything at that moment to have been free to snatch it from his hand, smash it against the wall and snarl, "Well, it looks like you'll continue to ride the short bus from now on!"
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

He does sound clueless. I too hate cell phones. It drives me batty seeing a guy holding up the checkout line while on the phone, and acting like the cashier is out of line for doing their job, and wanting him to answer a question like paper or plastic.

I would have probably pointed out the exit at that point.
    Somebody stole my signature

Comment

for me is when they go for the "party boy" and they dance right up on your body..

it's funny at first but still wrong...

now if it was a girl at my age that's fine!!! so far nothing...
      it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Comment

I have an anti-cellphone device. It senses their incoming signal and turns aggressive. This is sort of what I often tell customers. If it's an adult group I might demonstrate it in the dark. A small robotic voice says 3 or 4 obscene remarks rather crisply and distinctly, one remark at a time.
        "F-u!" "You're an azzwhole!" Eat shhht!", see what I mean'
        When cell phones start playing any kind of music I stop whatever I am doing and dance to it to highlight how Stupid it is to leave your phone on when touring through a haunted attraction!
        As long as you are in a position to be dealing with the public you will never will have ever "seen it all", I discovered years ago. Like the time a young woman was nursing her infant in the first room on the couch surrounded by other people crammed together, shoulder to shoulder!
        We guys stood in line for 20 minutes, she just kept ignoring us!!
        I also like the total strangers who tell their kids or friends that they helped me to build all the items here!??? WTF? No they didn't! Maybe I should counter this statement by claiming to have actually fathered his kids? You are welcome.
        Then those who listen to our answering machine message and read the web site and know that the ONLY way to get an advanced reservation here is to send a check a week in advance, then they say, "Just "pencil" me in." (Where should I put that pencil?)(BIG pencil or the little pencil?)
        Then they show up and say, "We have a reservation!"
        "And what name was on the check?"
        "DUH?"
        This gets them everytime!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X