This is were I am at

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is were I am at

Dave wants me to keep you guy's updated!

Right now I have 12 people on my actual members list from people that I work with. 5 of those are on my board. This is a small list of my 5 baord members:

President and Head Director: Myslef, I am anxius to do this!

Vice President: Mike, anxius as well and love Halloween. He has also ran his own small business.

2nd Vice President and Treasury: Best friend, loves Halloween, however he is more worried about were the money comeing from?

Board member: Josh, has good idea's. Not sure if in it for the long hall.

Board member: Amy, also good idea's. Has some leadership skills. Also not sure about the long hall.

We are waiting to hear about a location from a county fair. They are haveing a board meeting soon to discuss are request.

I have been doing all the research that I can. Printing stuff and reading. I feel that right now we are at a stand still with the waiting of our location request.

Now I am leaning toward being for profit, but it sound like more work. But I have heard it goes both way's.

I may have found a potentail insurance provider, cant remember the name off the top of my head.

I do have a Public Accountent to possibly do business with. He does my taxes anyway.

I also have a MySpace page so I have been doing some small advertisement. I do not have dates and a location posted.

This is all that I can think of, if you want to add your comment please do!

Brian

Good luck with your endeavors. It's seems to me like the first year going is the hardest year of all. After the first year is done with, you can take your results to a bank and prove to them that this business venture is actually profitable. Going to a bank with no proof or experience makes it a lttle hard to show them that this can make money. 06 was my first year running after working on this for about 6 years. I'm not in a huge city, but I absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. I've been dealing with my bank on this for a while, keeping them informed on my progress. When I showed them results of my first year and my profits, they are almost asking me how much I want to borrow now.

Just stay on your game. There will most likely come a time where yall think "Why did I get myself into this". Just dont give up, and you will be so overjoyed once you finally get one going.

Good Luck!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

I had several things working for me and several things working against me doing my haunt, as everyone does.
      The funny thing to me was the local advice I constantly received as to how and where I should be doing my haunt and these people, though they might have meant well, didn't have a clue, obviously, what had they done in their lives? How successfull were they? Nil.
      And what exactly did they know about the haunt business? Nil.
      After success found me, then one of the people who didn't want to back me changed his tune, too late.
      Throughout the ups and downs always remember to constantly check with your own ideas and feelings about things. Although we might have to modify our ideas sometimes, if we allow others to modify our wishes too much, it is no longer "yours", (If this important to you? If not just buy or copy everything from everyone else, it will be quicker but more expensive)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Hey Brian,

Thanks for the update. Again, I wish you all the best in your venture. I hope it all works out and you get up an running this year.

Dave
        Lords of Chaos, LLC
        House of Chaos Haunted Attraction

Comment

Brian PM me regarding your haunt. Good luck by the way. I bet I can speak for alot of us when i say the first few years will be tough and may seem not worth it, but stick it out... Your'll do great!

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
          X