House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs haunt review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs haunt review

Hey guys, This is really for anyone who lives in Buffalo NY but if this interests you then glad your happy! This is my review for The House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs located in Buffalo NY.

The Haunted Catacombs:
    This is the 1st of the 2 mega haunts. You arrive at a giant skull laddled facade. The impressive asset of this haunt was after you arrive at the front facade there is a Scarefactory "Castle Big Skull" right after it! This haunt is more of an obstical course at the beginning, you crawl through sewer pips, wander in mirror mazes and not to mention a very confusing door room with atleast 50 doors to choose from and only 1 is the correct one. YOu then enter an outdoor themed area which resembles a village. THe lighting was very atmospheric and the moss on the ground really set the mood. Trees, shacks, and TONS of Unit 70 props and animatronics really catch your eye. As you wander the village porta-potties explode water on you, cars drive towards you and monsters lunge from every dark building. This is a truely fun haunt.

Psycho Therapy:
    This is the smaller haunt, A hospital. Pretty good but nothing earth shattering. The most awesome part is when you enter a bathroom and there is SHIT smeared everywhere! It actually SMELLS like shit and a man in nothing but underwear jumps out and says things like "Wanna pull my finger?"

House of Horrors:
    Boy where to start... This is the LARGEST and most sceneic haunt in WNY. YOu first enter and you stand infront of a mansion facade, I mean this thing looks like a real mansion... I stood there and marvled at this structure of horror.. Fireflies buzz around you it really feels like your outside. YOut hen enter and you venture in the horrible halls of a mansion. Things jump out, animatronics burst through windows and back doors... Its really a grim haunt. The chainsaw room you have to run through bodies, the back yard is yet another facade of a real house, you go upstairs on 2nd floors, you go into rain forests, tombs, crypts there really isnt anything missing from this haunt. THere is also a 20ft dragon as you cross a bridge over water. Really all I can say is this was the best $20 I invested towards a haunted house! YOu just have to see it to really beleive this.

Overview:
    I give this haunt a 9/10. Its the only haunt I have been to that really gives you an experience for your dollar. I will admit, there were VERY FEW parts that were a bit sketchy like when I mentioned the dragon there was a white wall and it kind of broke the mood but like I said, these flaws are minor and few and you need to realize that its a haunted house! It's not going ot be perfect. I really knit pick at things like this but I was so satasfied I came back twice. The owner Tim Bunch obviously cared and loved his haunt and it turned out very amazing. Just the patching of these few flaws would give this haunt on my list a 10/10! Its not a 30 minute trek its an hour sometimes 2 hour walk in this attraction. Anyone in Buffalo NY visit this haunt. YOu wont be dissapointed. This isn't your typical family haunt, this is a really dark and scary attraction. The edginess really makes it great. The pictures on the website also back up my review http://www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com/index.html
    Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 10-27-2009, 08:02 PM.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

Aww man, you got to it before me! I guess it has been because of things like my haunt and homework but, I must say, your extrapolation of the experience was really spot on! I seriously believe House of Horrors can stand high on the Hauntworld top 30 because it is a 1:30 labyrinth into three intense worlds of terror! The acting staff is collectively the single best group in WNY out of all the theaters, schools and businesses! The use of big ticket Transworld effects was more skillful than the other pro haunts and you don't just get scared but, you get an all encompassing show; all senses, all directions. VERY ENTERTAINING!!
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Wow..cool! Glad you guys liked it... if you guys went the first week or two of us being open it is TOTALLY different now.. unfortunately alot of stuff we ordered at the show didn't show up until right before we opened... so everything wasnt totally finished right when we opened! lol... a whole new facade, and tons of other stuff went up. We had VH1 filiming for two days this past week and we are going to have a TON of footage on one of their new reality shows! We now have a PERMANENT lease and we are going to start tearing down and rebuilding next week! You will really be blown away next season! If you guys want to go through again before we close shoot me an email and I'll give you guys some tickets!

-Tim
      thehorrorbizness@aol.com
      Tim Bunch
      House Of Horrors And Haunted Catacombs
      www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com

Comment

Ive been saying it for years : House of Horrors ROCKS!! Great job , Tim.

Comment

I loved the actor who played Poop Man! He never broke character the whole time my group was in his room!

Comment

Working...
          X