HOW TO BUILD A HOUSE HAUNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO BUILD A HOUSE HAUNT

Hey, I need some help on building my first house haunt. Please give me some tips, thanks.
    scenery/fascades
    31.20%
    sound
    6.40%
    fog/lighting
    4.80%
    props
    8.80%
    actors
    48.80%
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

You missed one...marketing. Sure you need the things listed above in the haunted house but as I have read "what use is having the best scare in the world if no one sees it." Another one that probably is more important than marketing is having a good business plan. A haunt is a business after all. "if you fail to plan then you plan to fail" is another quote I've read. Sure I don't own a haunt or work in one but this is just the stuff that I have learned from all the haunt proffessionals on this website and I'm sure they'd tell you the same thing.
    Afraid of the dark?........You should be.

Comment

marketing and a business plan arent as important if your doing a home haunt. I will assume your starting a home haunt since your posting in the home haunting 101 section Skops???
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Yea. I wanna make a house haunt but I dont have any props. All i have is 2 strobes, 2 fogs, and a blacklight.
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/

is one of the largest prop how-to sites, you should be able to get a lot of prop ideas from there.

Also you should check out http://www.minionsweb.com/links.htm , it hasnt been update recently but most of the links still work, and there is alot of good ones on there.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

I picked actors from the list because they are the lifes blood of the house. You could have the best of eveything in your haunt but a bad actor can kill all of that. On the other hand maybe the props are not the best and the sound could be better and the lighting needs to be adjusted, a great actor is what they will remember. Don't get me wrong you want to make everything the best you can and you should but sometimes it's not in the cards (read money into that) always go with the great actor.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Originally posted by gadget-evilusions
              marketing and a business plan arent as important if your doing a home haunt. I will assume your starting a home haunt since your posting in the home haunting 101 section Skops???
              Oops. ops: I kinda forgot that this was a home haunting section. www.theskeletonscloset.com is also a good website for everything you're looking for except actors. :wink:
              Afraid of the dark?........You should be.

Comment

actors ussually suck, and theyre cocky

Awww man that sounds beautiful! no props....2 strobes, 2 fogs, and a blacklight - i love it. Sounds like me a few years ago. I wsh I could go back in time to where a blacklight made me happy,,, to where a bloody hand on the ground was my main prop.

Hey Mr. Guest you have a fun adventure of learning ahead of you....if your grabbed already, this journey will never end. I feel like your being born right now :twisted: Hah your probly like "uhh actually I just wanna put up a few decorations for halloween this year buddy, calm down"....no but YA your being born :twisted:

aww your gonna have way too much fun, is this your first year trying to haunt on this kind of level? not even fair dude

Are you doing a yard display or a structured haunted house?
                my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

Comment

OK. This is a scene I thought up for my haunted house this year: The people walk into this room where its pitch black and the door closes behind them. Next a strobe light goes on and a guy in an electric chair starts thrashing around and foaming at the mouth. Then the strobe goes off and red lights go on. Then Leatherface chases them from behind while their exit is fogged up. The people will be chased into a graveyard scene.
                  Does anyone know how to build a good electric chair?
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

This is my first year too. I have no idea what Im doing. This is what i have: 3 fogs, 2 strobes, Halloween soundtrack, 2 actors, blacklight. Im trying to build this thing in my garage. Im gonna buy a leatherface costume with chainsaw, some red lights, and possibly a pizza face. The pizza face would be my main prop besides the electric chair. Its 45$ plus shipping. www.brutalimages.net/store.htm check it out
                    Chris Riehl
                    Sales@spookyfinder.com
                    (586)209-6935
                    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

my haunt sucks

im new to the whole house Haunt but i have got an old spooky house no electricity and abt 5 acres what can i do with this please help ops: ops:

Comment

Hey Pumkin Jack

There are so many things I could do with
                        an old house and 5 acres.
                        Wow where to start?

I sent you a PM
                        Gary
                        Midnight Evil Productions
                        www.MidnightEvil.com
                        Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
                        www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

Comment

Pumpkin Jack: got the book. Lisa Cantrell, "Torments".

A book about a walk through charity haunted house
                          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Well, although props and scenery look good, you need lighting first, and enough of it since the guests have to see where they're walking. You can create many cool effects w/ strobes and lighting alone. Stuff some dummies w/ newspaper (old clothes) and light them eerie, use a boombox w/ some eerie sound fx. If u can afford $30, there's a good scare called a drop panel that u can build, I suggest u join Hauntworld, instead of using guest, much more features. Send me a PM w/ any specific questions when you do, I'd love to help.
                            Slash
                            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

AcorMAnner is right, you are going to have so much fun, my first haunt was an electric chair scene and a butcher. The electric chair was a dinner table chair w/ a strobe light, lol. My butcher scene was a table w/ blood on it, and my costume was a $20 mask (the most expenisve thing I bought), a bloody apron, and a plastic meat cleaver, and everyone came back next year, now I have absoloutly no breaks, they just keep coming.
                              Slash
                              "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Working...
                              X