Sppokyprops Chainsaw frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sppokyprops Chainsaw frustration

Since the other chainsaw thread caught my attention I have to vent my frustration with Spookyprops chainsaws.

We have used the Spookyprops electronic chainsaws for about four or five years. At first I thought they were great, but I have to say my opinion has changed. The Spookyprops saws are one of the most unreliable props we own. We have two of them and I don't think either of them have ever made it through an entire season without needing repair. Both of our saws are no longer working after being used for half the season. They were both sent to John at Spookyprops at the end of the 2008 season so he could fix them after they stopped working last year.

When we bought them I personally made improvements on the saws to improve the power switch and the power input jack. They copied my ideas after I sent them back for repairs on the audio amplifier. Every Spookyprops saw that has been sold for the past three or four years incorporates improvements that I personally came up with. Now I'm working on a fix for the audio circuit and rechargeable battery inadequacies.

Has anyone else experienced issues with their saws? When I'm done with my new modifications I'll post some instructions if anyone cares to do work to their saw.

Saw

The main issue with ours was Actor missuse and actor error...just carelessness.

Mine has lasted 4 seasons, the wiring on the battery has been spliced by me several times, the first year...they broke the wiring 6 times...after I repaired it, it works great.

I agree, the design needs work...the battery should be internal, with posts sticking up to charge it...that way everything is contained and sealed up.

This year we ran the hell out of it with NO issues... I keep an electric saw on hand in the room just in case, but as I said no issues this year, still Love the prop, and Johns customer service has been great, need for improvements...yes...but a great prop none the less

mike

Comment

We have 2 and use the heck out of them. Like everything that goes into an actors hand or moves (animations) they need to be fixed when they have issues.

Pretty much I think what ever you use be it premium costumes, silicone masks, hand props, etc, you have to be ready to fix, unless it is something maybe one person uses and treats like glass. My experiences with them have been good - these are generally durable quality devices, but when we have needed them worked on by the maker he has been on it.

Thanks!
      Ben Armstrong
      NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
      www.Fearworld.com
      www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

"Spec"

A ruler slapped across the actor's knuckles will fix their hands.
        Sometimes.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X