Scary Situation... Robbed Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Marich View Post
    Be carefull of guard dogs, they are effective but your liability goes up if they seriously injure or kill someone. That's right kiddies, the #*%@ law protects the thief before you. Follow the rules for warning signs if you go this root.

Matt
    This is why you fallow up the guard dog with a guard pig, they'll eat anything.lol.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

If it helps we staff police until the money is night dropped in the bank. Another benefit to our control room is having it run almost constantly and recording everything on our dvr system. Our camera systems are bought from Costco, cheapest supplier, for about a thousand for a four camera dvr night vision system. If nothing else put some up in entrences and exits. A few years back we actually reviewed our cameras and found we had a transient breaking into our building every night to sleep.

Comment

We have a Stanley (Sonitrol) system in our haunt. There are microphones everywhere. If someone is in the haunt (or tries to break in) after the alarm is set and makes a noise, the monitoring station will silently listen in, determine what it is, and set off the alarm if needed (again silent).

Since I have been in the building, the alarm has only gone off once because someone was walking on top of the building and Sonitrol could hear them.

We also lock all of our doors from the inside during the off season. I understand that not everyone can do this, unfortunately.

This is a great alarm system to have for a haunt, there are so many places to hide in ours, it could take hours for us to sweep every night.

Here's the link: http://www.sonitrol.com/resourcesinaction.html

You can listen to actual past break-ins on their website.

Dwayne
        13th Gate

Comment

Perhaps someone more tech savy can answer this, but we have been considering an internet security system. It enables you to view your security cams from a remote local. We have been broken into twice at our shop, the first time they succeeded, the second our shoring up the building delayed them and they left. The Cops are slow too respond to alarms because most are false or they have serious issues. We had them arrive an hour later the second time because of a shooting. I totaly understand.

If you have a long term lease, I think this investment is a important as that snazzy new pneumatic,. Larry's comments from Randy are very important in this day, there are insurance trip n fall frauds evrywhere as well. Overzealous actors or smart ass customers, the courts won't argue against you with a good survailance system and recorder.
          Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

Comment

Heres an idea.... ( THAT WORKS WELL )

A friend of mine has a Rooster at his Haunt.... that damn thing wont just scare the shat out of you but it is A GREAT SECURITY DEVICE !!...lmfao

Damn thing will follow you waiting for you to turn your back then when you least expect it.....

BAM !

Hes on you like stink on shit !!

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
            www.maliciousstudios.com
            "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
            http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

An attack rooster and a attack pig! LOL! Now I've heard it all. I know Jim Warfield has an attack cat. When my pit bull was alive I thought about putting him inside the haunted house after someone got on roof of our haunt and stole a halloween inflatable we had for decoration and to draw attention. Luckily they never had the balls to break into our building and take anything else. But it was a worry for a while. We put extra chains and locks on everydoor possible.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

thats not right that someone would have to steal from another person like that. just be safe out there

Comment

Larry! What sort of Police Dept. doesn't respond?

That is unbelievable!
                  Is that a common way the Police are there?
                  Maybe the thiefs knew this and that was why they were taking their sweet time stealing more.
                  People can laugh at living in a small town, BUT Police protection is dependable and mere seconds away. Add to this the small-town nosiness and everybody sees, knows alot of what goes on here.
                  A high percentage of local residents have guns and ammo reloading equiptment, I used to be working in their basements, I have seen alot.
                  ADT? There is a whole website of complaints and warnings concerning the way they do and don't do their business, we looked into them a few years ago and werenot at all impressed.

How does an audio alarm system work with no false alarms if sounds outside the building are there such as loud motorcycles, trucks and other random sounds?
                  Isn't there an internal motion detector system that would catch any movement once the building was locked up? Like someone sneaking around who stayed behind to rob the place?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by maliciousstudios View Post
                    Best Security ?? ADT - Nahhh..... 5 Pitbulls

Feed em but dont let anyone else feed em'....

Become their Master but dont let anyone else play with them or become their Master.....

( I bet they wont get out next time )

IF THEY EVEN TRY....

END OF STORY
                    oh hell yeah! when i was overseas in the box......i saw first hand what a hungry, violent dog can do to a human. changed my whole thought process on having guard dogs. They are 100% more reliable than an alarm system that gives your intruder times to escape. The only problem, you will have a pretty good mess afterwards.
                    Pre-Produced and Custom Haunted Attraction TV Commercials at www.elswarro.com

Comment

robbed

Larry, this is terrible. Count your self luck as others have said...it could have been worse.
                      Mike

thelabhaunt.com

Comment

larry, i got super freaked out about this, but earlier when our security staff told us about it! i mean a haunted house has hundreds and hundreds of places for actors to hide, anybody could hide in there and take anything that they want!
                        its really really scary. we have our security do rounds every single night before we open, and before we close, and we also have then do searches throughout the night.
                        Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

the help

larry take a close look at the people that work for you, I hear them "this guy is raking it in". You said it, times are hard people do cazy things. Your employees know your business better than the customers do, and you never really know who you have hired or fired.

Comment

i think the main thing about actors, is that they are all excited at end of the night and want to know how many people came through. well pretty much by knowing that number they know your income for the night, and even payroll.
                            we have recently made all our attendance numbers confidential until the end of the season...
                            Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Ill go a step further 2 yrs ago we actually had an actor from another haunt come out and help us. As we were closing on a big night I caught him on the phone with the owner of the other haunt he was telling the owner our nightly numbers. Way uncool!!! Its hard to keep it a secret I count our attendence in my head and am only off by a few Ive seen actors do it as well with great accuracy. I have had a few even tell me how much money they estimate I made . ooooh I hate that
                              The flesh is weak wax is eternal.

Comment

Working...
                              X