how did halloween do for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how did halloween do for you?

as for us.. I did my speech for my crew and we were off!! but little i did i know.. we had maybe about 500 people came in and by the time we were done with the night it was slow... as in no one in there.. past halloweens we had a lot more than 500 people.. we always close at 12:00am on the weekends before halloween weekend but on past halloweens, we always stayed opened in tell 02:00 am. not this year's halloween we closed at 12:00 am.. past years we had at lest 2000 people come though.

how was you halloween weekend?? ok or bad....

HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

Ours was about the same, but it's always a hit or miss on Halloween for us anyway. Some years it's Great, some years suck.. This is the first year I can remember where Halloween was an "average" attendance night. But all of our customers came early, so we were bored to tears halfway through the night.

I'm thinking the bad flu season and the economy had plenty to do with it, plus Halloween falling on Trick-or-Treat Saturday this year. Oh well, at least the season is finally over. Time to start planning for next year!

Comment

Halloween weekend saved us from having a very bad year. We were very busy on Friday night in the pouring rain for most of the night. But, Halloween gave us our 3rd busiest night in our seven years! We were down 25% from last year until this past weekend. After the weekend, we were only down 9% for the year! I am feeling very lucky since I am hearing from other local haunts that their numbers are down 30% or more.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
      Owner
      Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
      www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

The whole month of October was great for us. We were open on Fri. Sat. and Sun. nights. We are only a home haunt on 1-1/4 acres and are staffed by our Boy and Girl Scout troops (with the help of some adults) and we had an amazing season. We are in Northern Calif. and the weather was incredibly perfect with the exception of one day of 50 mph winds and battering rains that took half of our 7,000 sq. ft. corn maze to the ground! It took us 2 days to stand it back up and fix it but we managed to do a fairly decent job. We were about 200 people short of tripling our attendance this year!!!! Everybody that came was extremely impressed by the haunt and we have plans for bigger and better next year. We even stayed open Nov. 1st from 7-9 p.m. and managed to pull 70+ people.

I was sorry to hear that everyone took such a beating this year with the nasty weather. I hope things improve next year and the weather (and the economy) treats you kinder. I was very concerned about the weather since our haunt is 80% outdoors but we managed to luck out this year. What little foul weather we had fell in the middle of the week leaving the weekends dry and clear.

We'll be attending the St. Louis show in Feb. Can anyone tell me just what kind of weather to expect there during this time of year? It would be appreciated.
        Thanks.

Comment

We Opened in september the last weekend. hitting the 100 mark both nights. we are a small haunted house in Terre Haute,Indiana. Nightmare On Ash Street. our expectation this year with promotion was atleast 150 a night, which we did get that. but this year was the first year there were 4! haunted house`s in Town.

Comment

It was an average night... about like Friday nights earlier in the season.
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Halloween went better than expected for us. we only opened fri-sat, not nov 1st, and we did almost as much as our bigger 3 day weekends. very pleased, and I think next year with a 3 day Halloween weekend will be very good.
              Gravely MacCabre
              aka Ricky Dick
              Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
              and
              Midnight Monster Hop
              Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
              www.castleblood.com
              www.midnightmonsterhop.com
              www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
              Lifetime achievement award winner
              International Costumers Guild

Comment

Halloween night.always slow.

But then this place was never designed for "Through-put" AND I am open almost EVERY night of the year, so people might be seeing the other guys while they can?
                The next couple of weekends are seeing quite a few groups of Boy Scouts coming here plus other groups and some people playing Hide& Seek in the house.
                Some people planning upon being here then were of the mistaken idea that their people would be the only group going through the house on those November nights and assumed I would then be giving them the complete tour of the house. Sorry, but be happy for me, there are still a number of my loyal patrons who all want to be here at the same time! In November!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This was our biggest Halloween night ever.

We were estimating 700 and easily doubled that number and still got out by Midnight!

Comment

Weather

Cold Very,Very Cold!!! If there is any justice in the world. LOL. I used to live in NO CAL. Last year it was snowing. Really with Missouri weather it could be warm and sunny.
                    Christina
                    FEARFEST

Comment

Friday the 30th was a little bit better than Saturday, we had nice weather too.

No one here is complaining.
                      Ed Roberts
                      Founder
                      The Nightmare Factory
                      www.nightmarefactorysalem.com
                      www.westcoasthauntersconvention.com

Comment

Working...
                      X