Paranormal Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paranormal Activity

Did anyone see this movie... is it all the hype or what? I have not seen it but I'm wondering if its all hype or actually scary!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

haven't seen it yet..... but.......

if it was filmed in "America Haunts" "Scream-o-Vision", it would probably be scarier !

Comment

movie

this guy sums up the movie perfectly for me. footsteps and lights turning on doesn't scare me.

If your the type that gets creeped out by a haunted house actor coming up to you and not saying anything but just being creepy then you will like it. I do like it but got very mad when I started to believe the hype.

Comment

Ya, I though it sucked. Saw it today and I was pretty mad. REALLY BORING. Just some loud noises. I was hoping during the movie that the ending would blow me away because it was so lame throughout it, but unfortunately it was totally predictable. DO NOT SEE IN THEATERS!

Comment

Actual Supernatural Experiences..

Seem to have been had by actually a large number of people, more than most may imagine.
          Maybe this movie was made to appeal to this audience who may be already on edge from personal encounters?
          I have had people coming here almost every week (Open 52 weeks a year) to share their story with me, some come here looking for advice or answers.
          A few weeks ago I had 4 people here who were here just to share their horrific experiences with me. I tried to give them some more positive outlooks on the happenings, we talked for quite awhile, then two of them said they had to leave my house, they were actually very scared that even just seeing the basement here might have something unearthly and terrifying waiting for them there.
          They left after seeing just the first room but thanked me sincerely for the time I spent listening to them and talking to them, they seemed somewhat more calm...?
          I know nothing that I was responsible for here scared them, though.
          Yes I have had some "experiences" here myself.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Just saw it VERY Blair Witch. Lots of suspense, very little payoff. A few creepy moments, but overall it took a very long time to go anywhere. There is something to be said about the vulnerablilty of sleeping - This could freak some people out.

Don't think I could sit through it again unless I was with some first time viewers who were really scared.

I feel EXACTLY like I did after Blair Witch - We went up the mountain and never jumped off. Sorta like a creepy haunted house without a good last room where you just walk out and say ....is that it? No Chainsaw?

Thanks!
            Ben Armstrong
            NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
            www.Fearworld.com
            www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
              this guy sums up the movie perfectly for me. footsteps and lights turning on doesn't scare me.

If your the type that gets creeped out by a haunted house actor coming up to you and not saying anything but just being creepy then you will like it. I do like it but got very mad when I started to believe the hype.
              LOL!!! That guy did make a pretty good remake of it!!!
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

They said they made it for $11,000. Trying to figure out what they spent that on? Niether of the crappy actors deserved to be paid, that's for certain.
                Brett Hays, Director
                Fear Fair
                www.fearfair.com

Comment

Lol

may have been a crappy movie, but the hype was brought on by the media and the movie trailers....think about the "smart" of it all - low budget, bad acting, ridiculous plot, no CGI effects - yet it made millions....and people actually paid to go see it....there is beauty in advertising, eh? :roll:

Oh, and listening to that doosh critique the movie was just as bad as watching "the movie"....

Comment

movie totally sucked... i think i'd rather stay home alone on valentines day and spray my nether regions with pepper spray while listening to hannah montana's latest tween hit single on repeat than ever watch it again.

yep, it was that bad.
                    -Mat

Comment

I have seen it twice now to give it another chance and I did like it a little more the 2nd time. On the flip side of that I have never been to a movie where everybody walking out of it was cussing and saying that was BS.

I'm still trying to figure out why it was rated R. Movie should have been PG-13

Comment

Did you See The Same Cut?

Many years ago I saw a movie that was supposed to be very racy for the day, I wondered what all the hoopla was about? Then I found out they cut 15 minutes from the version shown in little Savanna, Ill. versus the Chicago version!
                        Maybe this doesn't happen anymore though.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow, pretty harsh reviews. I actually loved the movie.... but then I'm more of a fan of suspenseful, creepy, psychological scary movies. Pretty effective in that aspect... and everyone I saw walk out of the movie had a smile on their face.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
                          www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
                          Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

was it a fake ?

since the cops were involved, it kinda made it look legit. any opinions here? I've been watching all these ghost hunters type shows for 3 years now and they never really find much.

Comment

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY is essentially Blair Witch in a house.

It's a similar story, shot in the same shaky, pseudo-documentary style.

There is very little gore and a most of the violence happens off-camera.

If you like TV shows like GHOST HUNTERS or A HAUNTING... you'll like it.

I enjoyed it.
                              Guerilla Haunter

Comment

Working...
                              X