No announcement yet.

Paranormal Activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just my opinion but when I saw the trailer with it showing people in the theater and their reactions I thought "Wow... If they need to show people making reactions in the theater to get their point across then its not going to be good" I didn't see it but I really have no intention to see it.. If your going to pay 9 somthing for a movie ticket see Zombie Land... That was great. Ghosts are creepy for haunted houses but in movies they really arent IN MY OPINION. Things of Flesh and BLood are more scary like monsters or killers.
    Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

Comment

Paranormal Activity

I think the movie pretty much did it's job. I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was very suspenseful and very eerie. It certainly made me jump and yes, it was scary. It was a very simple movie and original but I know that's not for everybody. It's a high concept film with good acting and no buckets of blood. I think it's sad when a movie needs to have someone hacking off his own foot to get a rise out of the audience. This movie really made me react and unfortunately the horror genre has been flooded by that un-avoidable "Slasher" sub genre as of late. So much so that kids generally tend to think of "Saw" when asked about horror films. While the Saw series and films like it certainly have their place, I tend to lean more towards movies like this that don't operate at such a base level of entertainment. My only complaint is that the ending left me wanting more but that of course is what they want. We talked about it on the way home and how it might have ended differently and how the last few minutes were very audible but it was a mystery as to what actually happened. In the end, I give it 2 thumbs.

James Lurgio
      Nightmare Productions

Comment

I think a lot of it is the level of expectation and how desensitized we are. I mean the exorcist had to remove scenes from it to keep it from being x-rated now it would be just a regular old R rating. We have seen cgi and make-up blur the line between reality and fantasy more and more. I have yet to see this movie but I am not one for the docu-shaky camera style that most of these movies are made in. I mean download ghost hunters to your i-pod and shake it while watching is pretty much it. I do applaud them or getting people out to see the movie, so on that level I think they did a great job, when it makes video I will be checking it out on the netflix. And what is up with all the damn remakes?
        sigpic

Comment

My g/f and I saw it a few days after it came out. IMO, it sucked. I wouldn't sit through it again if you paid ME $20.

*Possible SPOILERS below*

Had I known it was shot entirely in handicam with 3 different angles or scene settings, I would have passed in the first place. At least in Blair Witch, they moved around. This realisticly had 4, maybe 5 different tripod angles. At no point was I personally on the edge of my seat, biting my nails or otherwise scared, including the "dramatic ending".

If you want to see the movie, seriously just go watch the trailer, it's basically a 4 minute cliff notes of it.
          -Brandon Kelm
          Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Not bad for the production cost...

I thought it was not bad for the money it took to make. There were two other endings that didn't screen-test well, and that added to the overall cost.

I thought it was more creepy than scary. But, the camera motion did make me a little nauseous. I think people are somewhat desensitized to the blood and gore, so they need more blood, more gore, more startles. This is NOT that kind of movie. It is subtle, and if you think about it in the context of "if that happened in MY house", then it is creepy.

Most people in the theater I went to were cursing afterwards, saying it sucked. I thought it was okay... definately not worth the hype, though.

Comment

My 2 cents

I finally saw it this weekend. I enjoyed it. It did remind me of Blair Witch and bothered me little after wards like Blair Witch did. I like things that could really happen. This was more real then watching Aliens with 3 heads. I have seen 2 versions of it now, look forward to seeing the other 2, just to get the full difference.
              ~WelchWitch

Comment

Working...
              X