Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want... Vendors pay attention!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anyone is going to make big, new, expensive scares, how about making them so you can easily change the character?

The reason many don't buy them or continue buying them is that it either doesn't fit the theme or it won't when the theme is changed in a couple of years. Who wants to pay $10,000 and have to resell it for half that in just two years? But if you could swap heads/fronts/costumes for a few hundred and continue using it for another two years haunters might be more likely to buy it. Then you could retheme it again and continue using it. It wouldn't be a one-shot deal.

Comment

Jackie, as far as costumes.... what about clothing for the 50's-60's era for staff and patients of an asylum? Just a thought......
      Greg
      Fearfest
      Greg Allen
      scarygreg@andersonfarms.com
      www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

I would like to see props and anamatronics that are waterproof. 80% of our haunt is outside and when it rains we can't put out a good deal of our props because they would be ruined in the rain. I also would like to see more things that make sudden noise or shoot air. Right now we just use the hose from the air compressor to shoot air at people. It works ok but I'd like something a little more sophisticated!

Comment

waterproof !! AWESOME !!

we are finishing up some R and D on "waterproof animatronics" I am happy to hear someone is in the game with me !! ABSOLUTEY... I am working on some stuff that has me very excited !! Que line entertainment, Big scare accessories for actors that can be used for any theme. Also working on some new improved slider equipment... we have new costumes complete from head to toe...

I agree highly, this is a great thread...... were happy to be onboard and we hope we will meet or exceed these expectations !

We will do our best...
          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
          www.maliciousstudios.com
          "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
          http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

I believe this would be a great thread to ask a couple questions. Would anybody be interested in more options for low voltage lighting. How about options for emergency lighting. I know this is pretty vague but I know how ones intellectual property and concepts travel.

A little more on the low voltage lighting, it has many advantages.
            1) lower power consumption = lower operational expense.
            2) less heat = less likely hood of fire.
            3) less maintenance = lower operational expense.
            4) customizable = easily customized to suit end users needs.

Does this sound like something that would interest you and your haunt? OR any other Ideas for electronic based products?
            Ken
            www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Ken, low voltage lighting does intrest me. We have used it in our haunt for many years. It allows you to install lighting in your haunt without having to hire an electrician to install it. That saves many dollars that we could use for props instead. Also e-lighting that is inexpensive or basically plug in and let it charge is a great idea. Our e-lighting we use comes from Harbor Freight. They used to have 2 diffrent kinds one with a short cord and one with a long cord and adapter. The one with the longer cord I prefer but they dont sell it anymore. I am intrested in what you have mentioned.
              Greg
              Fearfest
              Greg Allen
              www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Greg,

That is great to hear. We are in the prototype phase currently. We will keep everyone apprised as the development is continued.
                Ken
                www.boocrewproduction.com

Comment

Larry,

I agree having great actors is essential for portraying a highly professional image for your show but what I'm saying is I had a crew of my best characters in awesome costumes two mornings in a row for two different stations and they loved the actors but when it came time for filming both stations wanted to film the big animations and props for their live shots. Actors would be asked to augment the big props and monsters when the cameras filmed but that's about it, no matter the quality.

Allan

Comment

low wat lighting ( AWESOME )

This has really turned out to be a great thread.... see, it seems like allot of these issues get overlooked, it has been a hit and miss problem. Right there is a great example of the vendor/haunt relationship that appeals to me.

Like Jerry Mcguire said "Help me Help you"

You CANT elliminate animatronics.... but you CAN improve some of the gray areas.... costuming, makeup, small props or animatronics...
                    Its true when the cameras are rolling they want the BEST OF THE BEST and they LOVE the Larger Than Life Animatronics.... but I think when the people are line they want the one one one with the actors.... True or not ?
                    Last edited by maliciousstudios; 11-07-2009, 08:20 AM.
                    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                    www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

New product ideas.

I apologize for the long post

Larry,
                      I appreciate you using Gore Galore as an example with many complements mixed in there.
                      But I am sorry to say we will never stop making Giant costumes. You should never stop doing what you are good at. I hope to believe we are best at Giant Costume designs. We continue to try to up the bar on ourselves and develop innovative new designs that can fit different themes.

AND We will augment those designs with new features that make them brand new.
                      Do you know what I mean?

Now all of our characters can be mounted on the "Creature Cart" Systems making them easy to use inside the Attraction rather than just for promotions or the Queue-line.
                      And we started adding water effects to our costumes this year.
                      Any of our characters can spray water on customers. We built a "Cthulu" with a water sprayer for an awesome customer and they love it. I still need to get video from them of it in action.

I am sure we could even add pneumatic features such as air cannons to our Creature Cart systems.

And Larry I believe we have some new design ideas that will knock your socks off this year. I am more than willing to share them in a phone call or email to anyone, but you can't let the cat out of the bag. We have already started sculpting on several pieces.

I am sorry to say that I think we have tons of product many people don't even know about and that is our fault. We have always focused on our costumes at tradeshows so many people didn't even know we made anything else. But we are fixing that at the upcoming Hauntshow. We will have the biggest booth we have ever had and our product categories will be well displayed.

We have tons of actor props and adding more this season:
                      -Weapons of mass destruction hand held actor weapons.
                      -Dope on a rope: severed head of your choice with a rope handle. We have been doign these for over a decade. The pic on the website doesn't do it justice. We can do it with any severed head or zombie bust we sell, and we are adding several extremely gory severed heads and busts this year to use with these designs.
                      -Bunrakboo lifesize zombie puppets, and neckbiter puppets

Plus we have:
                      -Sounds of Gore" Sound effects.
                      -Gothic frames for linticular images
                      -tons of Wall decor items and many more coming.
                      -heads out the wazoo severed heads
                      -My pet zombies lifesize static zombies and we are working on animating them too.
                      -"cadaverama" flat backed corpses and we are adding a couple this season.
                      -gory supplies: Intestines for actors and other gory supplies.

Shawnc,
                      You can change out heads and hands with our costumes. We have done it for years. All of our systems are modular. It is hard to show that online but we can combine any of our parts to make an entirely new character. I was hoping someday to have a quicktime on the website where you can dress the barbie so to speak. You pick a body style, add a head, hands, horns, and paint finish. And you create your own custom character. But that is very involved on the website that is.
                      That is exactly how we do the "Deth Knight" Costume. And you can come back and buy different heads and hands and change out your character seasons later.

We are always open to our customers coming to us with ideas. So if anyone has something they would like us to do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
                      Attached Files
                      Kevin R. Alvey
                      info at gore-galore.com
                      www.gore-galore.com
                      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
                      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
                      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Another thing I would like to see would be CGI prop combinations like Pale nights asylum door. GREAT IDEA! Something a little shorter on time so as not to create a bottleneck. That was our only concern with that prop. Other than that Kip GREAT PRODUCT!!!!! Also Kip, I love the custom idea we have come up with for you to make for us. Products like these will raise the bar!
                        Greg
                        Fearfest
                        Greg Allen
                        www.andersonfarms.com

Comment

Lighted exit signs! can we make this low voltage? also can we think of unique alternatives to putting 20-40 $80 lighted signs in the house?
                          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Malicious,

I agree in the lines where the guests are it's all about great costumes no question...Animations are really good for distracting attention for an actor, its the cameras that love the big guys!

Allan

Comment

Greg,

Thanks so much for the compliments. As I mentioned to you the other day, we are working on an all new line of CGI integrated animatronics that I think will knock peoples socks off. Some of them will have a shorter cycle time for haunts that are concerned about bottle necking and some will be a little longer and more of a showpiece. I think there will be something for everyone.

To everybody else, there is some great feedback here. Thanks and keep it coming.
                              Kip Polley
                              www.palenight.com

Pale Night Productions
                              We Engineer Fear

Comment

Kevin...

PLEASE DONT CHANGE A THING !!!!

Gore Galore Fawking RAWKS !!!

you guys are known for big giant creatures.... taht ( IS ) Gore Galore !!

-------> MAD PROPS GOING OUT TO GORE GALORE / KEVIN AND THE GANG !! <-------

when I think of you ( LMFAO ) I touch my secret places LMFAO....

No seriously.... S E C R E T P L A C E S <------LMFAO

Malicious Studios
                                www.maliciousstudios.com

Comment

Working...
                                X