Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the Owners that go to the Transworld shows..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Owners that go to the Transworld shows..

My business partner wants to bring a manager of a store to the show. I'm on the fence about it as I don't see it being beneficial. That manager has also been his friend for the past 5 years.

As owners do you bring workers, managers, friends with you to these shows? If so, How does that work out for you? And what do they do at these shows that help you?

What people have done in the past may change this year. Remember, there was no entrance fee last year. This year, additional people cost you an extra $40.

Many people used to pile extra actors and such into vans and SUV's and such, give them a spot on the floor at the hotel (no extra cost for either), and use the show as a reward. I think you'll see that reduced this year (but it won't go away.)

My biggest thing I'd watch is the vendor list. Last year, there were very few vendors applicable to a store (although there were a few). There could be more or less this year. You also should determine how much budget for new store products your haunt has. If you don't have a budget to add new items, then what decisions are there to be made?
    sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Thanks....but I'm going to Houston...the free show. Maybe St. Louis.

I don't own a haunt as of right now, but would like to go to St. Louis for some props for the store.

I guess what I'm looking for is pros and cons of bringing someone to the shows. i.e. manager, friend, worker, etc...

So think back to the Chicago days of Transworld...

Comment

Working...
      X