No announcement yet.

What size was your haunt to start with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size was your haunt to start with?

Just a general question was it 1500 SF or 3000 SF and over the years what size did it grow into and charging how much? Was it pro or charity?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

this is embarassing greg but we were 2500 sq ft. on our first yr.we will almost double taht sq footage this yr by using outside

Comment

No reason to be embarrased I think that is the reality. And since we always have so many new people. If everyone chimes in, we know what works for smaller budgets!
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

And here is an article about a haunt in Shanghai China that is 150 square meters that reportedly sees 60 people per night. That works out to slightly less than 1500 SF and a year round event, to be considered a stress relieving game for after work.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...ent_797167.htm
        sigpic

Comment

In 2006 we were at 4300sf, and it took most groups about 6-7 minutes to go through the haunt. When we started it was just our front porch, so about 50sf! ops:
          Now 12 years later and we are at the before mentioned 4300sf.
          Heartstoppers
          Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
          www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

So with Miracle Grow Haunt pellets and a little water, a little talking to your haunt, it should grow 350 SF per year!

I think I'm going to start all over with a really good 50 SF. The 350 SF would be 7 really good 50 SF's per year. The haunted public restroom, 25 cents to enter says the coin vending thing.

There must be a certain going too big too quickly that it is unmanagable and does not recieve the proper detail or planning and then it potentially sucks from a customer's perspective.
            sigpic

Comment

4300 SF would be 86 really good 50 SF units. So 12 people each doing 7 good 50 SF could do it in a year. A new haunted reality show.

An entire haunt show could be done with a stage crew and 2-50 SF rooms. As the patrons go into the next room, the set is changed, actors replaced and then they go back to the room they were just in and the other is getting a make over. This could switching back and forth between rooms happens 12 times. The actors go through Diana Ross costume changes and then the customers walk out and the total haunt has actually been done in only 100 SF.

No sprinkler system is required and the patrons wear battery powered smoke detectors that release water mist if they are activated. They have little emergency lights on the smoke detectors.

Patrons have been invited to pay $39 for 4 such reenactments by instant messaging or text messaging their cell phones. This of course is being done from a bank of 20 computers in Kenya. A little outsourcing.

This could be little haunts at the mall parking lot like photo huts used to be. Little 5 X 20 mobile buildings. They double as fireworks stands and you can drop off your photos there. You will never see them again though.
              sigpic

Comment

When I first started my house I was 70 inches tall, later as business increased I shrunk down to 69.5 inches tall.
                I could probably make alot more money if I was three little guys each 23 inches tall.
                Buy one Monster-tickie and see all three Jims!
                My three different themed Jim's would be...pre-Tuxedo, Tuxedo, post Tuxedo, but I don't want to be tied to Mr. Tuxedo's whipping post ever again! None of us three little guys do! Right Moe? Right Larry? Right Curly-Q?
                Unfortunately re-educating the average customer away from "Size does Matter"-thinking would take at least as much money as the beer companys spend a year on advertising.
                To physically accomodate "X" number of human bodys within a structure for a certain amount of time(time always figures into it) requires a certain square footage of floor space. You will not only be providing a physical space for them but they also will be moving, cutting the time factor.
                Need then to spend more time but don't want to build more floor space?
                Slow down the presentation, add actors and dialog, put on a show!
                The customer's concept of time passing gets influenced and messed with if something is occupying their mind and making them ponder an idea or two, preferably a sort of new idea not yammered about by every TV show or movie.
                Maybe if I was four little guys each around 17 inches high?
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

We opened our attraction in 2004 at 4,400 square feet and in 2005 we increased the haunt to 7,000 square feet. We're staying at 7,000 and trying to focus on detail now. :wink:

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

In '04 we were 9,000 sq ft. In '05 we bumped it up to 15,000 sq ft. Last season we were at 18,500 sq ft and thats where we are staying at right now. We're focusing on making the attraction more detailed for next season at the present time.

Comment

Sq. Footage is needed for enough busybodys to be therein contained but attention to detail also impressed the customer and an impressed customer tends to be a happier customer who then won't begrudge you the admission price later.
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Started small in 2002 at about 7500-8000 sq ft. Moved to a larger location and our show was bumped up to a little shy of 20000 sq ft in 2003-2004, then moved into an 80,000 sq ft facility in 2005-present and have roughly 55,000-60,000 sq ft of actual haunt. Going to expand a little more for this season and try and use any available area left that we can!

-Tim
                        www.houseofhorrorsbuffalo.com
                        www.myspace.com/houseofhorrors
                        thehorrorbizness@aol.com

Comment

In 2005 it was our driveway, in 2006 it exploded to one acre (thats 4840 square yards) and yes I had to look that up. When you are a outdoor trail things are more spred out. It will stay at one acre untill we buy or rent some land to go pro. So to answer part 2 not a charity or pro haunt but if when you come out of the trail and want to throw a dollar or two into the bowl you will not hear me bitch about.lol.
                          Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I had to look it up too. One taxation unit! Correctamundo!

In the English-speaking world, before 8th – 21st century, a unit of land area, now = 0.001 562 5 square miles = 160 square rods = 4,840 square yards = 43,560 square feet, about 0.404 687 3 hectare. A square plot of ground, 208.7 feet on a side, will cover an acre. An American football field, 360 feet by 160 feet, is about 1.3 acres.

43,560 square feet
                            sigpic

Comment

I dont have a haunt, but my parties sure do look like haunts when Im finished. lol For my first year I had 3000SF and for my 4th year, I had 8000SF. So if and when I have a haunt, it might start out pretty big. Who knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X