X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Fair Tour...

Hi everyone,

Hope all has been well.

I wanted to see what people thoughts were about this idea. We at Grimlock Manor did a lot of advertising and promotional events this year but were just posed with an opportunity for next year so let me know what you think and better yet would you do it if you could?

We have a large listing of street & craft fairs in our area. At these events there are often small rides and games (basically carnival style stuff, bounce houses etc..) The fairs gather around 1,000 or more people at each stop they make. So the question is this..if a spot in these fairs cost you $100 and you could provide some sort of small tent show that the fair patrons would pay to see (freakshow, seance, etc..) would you pay the price to do it? My issue is the space you get is limited ( slightly larger than a 10x10 tent) Is it worth building within those limits to try and A) gain a buzz about our haunt and B) Make some extra income on the side?

I have never seen a ride/haunt type event at any of my local fairs so I am sure curiosity would be peaked if one popped up but is the initial cost really worth the trouble?

Thoughts...

that is actualy a great idea infact the haunt I work for is doing that with our CarN Evil actors. I am a clown there along with 5 other, 2 fire breathers and a stilt walker. We are also gonna try parades.
    Tim McCall

Comment

That is about as close to free marketing as you can get. What are you out if you do it and it doesn't do as well as you hope. Not much except time. I think it is a great way to get people thinking about your event.

Do a seance and when everyone is distracted on the seance itself turn it into a scare. Basically make it one scene from your haunted attraction.
      Kevin R. Alvey
      info at gore-galore.com
      www.gore-galore.com
      www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
      www.youtube.com/goregalore13
      www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X