Thanks to DarkWood Manor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to DarkWood Manor!

Just wanted to send a BIG thanks out to Louis Brown and his crew at DarkWood Manor in Luray, VA. Earlier this week, I was fortunate enough to meet up with Louis, one of his actors; Mike and staff member Jen. These guys treated me to a great tour of the Haunt and all I have to say is...Wow! Louis and his team do an incredible job. From the wonderfully detailed professional scenes to custom sculpted masks and costumes, it's clear that DarkWood Manor is a labor of love. Although I didn't get to meet Louis' wife Wendy, I did get to see some of her custom costume and makeup work and want everyone to be sure to check out her site: www.wickadella.com.
    So if anyone is traveling through Virginia or near Washington DC, you should definitely call Louis and ask to see the place. You'll be in for a treat! You can see a bit more about DarkWood Manor at: www.DarkWoodManor.net
    Nick Collins
    SEE-NICK-DESIGN
    Themed Entertainment Design and Creative Direction

http://www.seenickdesign.com

Nick, You are very welcome. I enjoyed giving you the tour.
    Here are some of the pictures I took this year. There are more on facebook. Of the actors and sets

Attached Files
    sigpic
    Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

Comment

Looks cool! What kind of light did you guys use to make the furnace window look like fire behind it?

Thanks!

Darkangel

Comment

Love the "Pickmans Model" scene!
        Ben Armstrong
        NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
        www.Fearworld.com
        www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Darkangel, It is just a fake flame pot behind a frosted piece of plexiglass. It is a simple trick that works great.

Ben, the Pickman's Model scene was one of my favorites this year too. It helped a lot that I had a real artist playing Pickman. He worked on that painting in between groups. It may be the first painting actually created during a operating haunted attraction.
          sigpic
          Louis Brown
          Owner, operator, and dish washer
          at
          DarkWood Manor

Comment

Working...
          X