Turn Key Haunted House?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Key Haunted House?

I would first off like to say Thank you to all who post on here. I am new to the business and truly enjoy learning all the information that is shared on here.

With that I would like to get some insight on what your opinions are on Turn key haunted houses provided by Halloween Productions? Do you get your bang for your buck? Or would you be able to take the same $100,000.00 you would give them to design turn key haunt and build your own, and maybe just them same cheaper.? I would be building a sizable haunt around 5,000 - 6,000 Sqf. Including a haunted house, mirror maze all rolled into one.

Any information on this topic would be really appreciated and any further information you might think is relevant.

Thanks again for all the great information and help that is posted on this forum

I personally think you can always make something better and cheaper if you do it yourself just because no matter what you can get things cheaper yes you have to spend the time to build it all but in the end i think it is worth the time and effort put into a haunted house instead of buying one. You can also use all your own original ideas.
    Kyle Guillette
    Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Paying someone to build your haunt for you takes the fun out of haunting IMO
      Slash
      "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Slash I fully agree. I am not an artistic fellow. I have great ideas and know exactly what I would want to see in most scenes. But I see where you are coming from. I was just really wondering if anybody has heard or seen any haunts that Halloween Productions as sold and if they are quality or crap for the money.

Comment

From what I have seen online, Halloween Productions produces some top quality stuff... With some top quality prices of course. Bottom line, if you're able to do it yourself, do it yourself! You will save LOADS of money, and have fun while doing so!

Plus, if you have any questions about how to do certain stuff, these forums are a GREAT place for information!

Good luck!
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Larry's uploaded quite a few of his past projects to his YouTube channel. Check them out here: http://www.youtube.com/user/scaryjk#p/u
            Zach Wiechmann
            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Thanks d=for the link to the you tube channel. it was good to see some of his work, since they don't list a lot on the site.

The more i think about it, I might just use them for just design and blueprint consultation. That way i can get all my ideas on paper and have a good plan to get started.

Thanks.

Comment

Ive been to several of the Halloween Productions Houses and they are all wonderfully detailed and layed out!

You really cant go worng in using their turn-key attractions!

Comment

I have been through some of Larrys haunts at Howl-O-Scream, I would have to say they were very good. The up side of having it built for you is that they know all the fire codes, ect. You could have them just build the maze itself and then you could come back and do all the sets. E-mail them and see what it would cost just to have it built and wired. Then you can have the fun of making it look wicked . Good luck with what ever you do.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Working...
                  X