What percent of guests buy food and drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What percent of guests buy food and drinks

I was wondering what percent of our guests purchase food and drinks from a concession stand. Also feel free to leave a comment about your thoughts on concession stands at haunts.

Hope everyone had a good season!
    -Brad
    I dont sell food or drinks
    31.58%
    0 to 20%
    26.32%
    20% to 40%
    21.05%
    40% to 60%
    5.26%
    60% to 80%
    0.00%
    80% to 100%
    15.79%

food & drinks

Brad I would say about 80% of our customers get at least a coffee or hot chocolate. Our food booth roughly takes in about 10% of our ticket sales.So I think it is very benificial to have .
    Chris & Carrie Baxterhttp://www.reapersrealm.ca

Comment

Thanks for the great advice Chris. Hot beverages must be a popular item in Canada!

Comment

I think part of it likely has to do with how much entertainment you have outside the haunt. If customers have more reason to stick around, they have more reason to buy food and drink. If the only time they are there outside the haunt is to wait in line, they are less likely to buy.
        sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Inspiring the customers to get advanced reservations eliminated much of the food and beverage sales here.
          Which didn't hurt my pocketbook because others were selling those items, not me.
          So, I had almost no trash to pick up in the parking lot! (It was their trash, not mine, you know)
          "Somebody" doesn't "Like" me anymore.
          The Chamber of Commerce set up their food and now beer tent a block and half away and didn't mention my house at all in their ads but it was all "Moot" for them since they only wanted to do this one night and that Friday was cold and rainy.
          The three guys who set all this up in the rain were the only ones in the tent that night from what I saw and heard.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

To be quite honest with you I am not sure what percentage buys concession items but i know it was ALOT this year. Part of it may be that we sell stuff for only about a quarter higher than we buy it for. Bottles of water were a HUGE hit this year. Coca Cola donated 14 cases and we sold it for 75 cents per bottle. At the end of the 10 days there was only one case left. This year our concession stand PROFITED a lil under $900.00. In my opinion if you have some sort of entertainment and if you decorate the concession stand that helps

Comment

Working...
            X