Multiple Haunt Event Question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Haunt Event Question???

This year we added a second attraction and we offerd both individual ticket options and a combo-pass option. The individual haunts were priced at $13 for Raycliff Manor and $7 for the smaller Carriage House. For the combo-pass ticket we charged $17 for both, a savings of $3. We had about two-thirds of those attending, purchase tickets to both events and about one-third only purchase tickets to Raycliff Manor. My question is this...

For multiple event haunts, do you offer individual ticket options or do you just offer a one ticket option for admission to multiple attractions? If you have multiple attractions, did you provide separate tickets for each attraction? Did you use paper tickets or wrist bands? We're interested in feedback from the other attractions on this and appreciate your insights!

Kel
    sigpic
    Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

We are very low budget, so some ticketing options are beyond our means, but we opened up a second event this year. Dr. Buzzsaw's Haunted Hospital is our main event, Buzzsaw's Basement is the second.

It was $9 for one or the other, $13 for both.

We found that about 50% of our patrons bought the second event, about 10% only bought the basement, and 40% bought only the hospital.

Ticketing. Single event was an orange ticket. Entrance person took the ticket when they entered. Orange ticket was good for either event since they were the same price for a single.

Yellow ticket was for both events. We simply cut off the corner of the ticket when they entered the first time and collected the ticket if it already had the corner cut.

It was rude and crude, but it worked.

Comment

Good questions.

Last season (our first year), we used our 8,000 square foot facility as the haunt and charged $15 to go through. The price was probably a few dollars too much, but we had a $2 off coupon on our website and had the coupon available in a couple magazines. The theme was also a mix of 3 or 4 different elements that had to do with our backstory - a 70s campground, an 1800s tavern, and an early 1900s orphanage/school.

This season we decided to split the 8,000 square foot facility into 2 different 4,000 square foot attractions with two different queues. We wanted our themes to make more sense and completely separate them. We also added an outdoor trail into the woods behind the building. Our pricing was:

$8 for the campground
      $15 for the campground + 1800s tavern (all indoor pass)
      $20 for the indoor haunts + outdoor trail (Terror Trio Pass)

We basically priced our attractions at $8 a piece and gave a larger discount the more you did. With the way our attractions were set-up this season, we didn't have a way for our audience to skip one and go to another.... so they had to purchase and visit them in order.... you couldn't just do the trail (next year we're going to change our set-up and have the trail be a separate event).

Each customer is given a wristband with 3 tabs (numbers 1, 2, and 3). The tabs are removable, so when they would get in line for a haunt, we would tear off the appropriate tab.

This year I'm going to recommend we still split the 2 indoor attractions up (as far as themes go), but instead of having another queue line, just add some element outside that separates the events until the group goes back into the house for the second part. I'd rather stick with the $15 all indoor pass because I found too many people just wanted to spend $8 and leave. I like having a separate line for the trail, though.... so I'm probably going to recommend we have the trail be $10 alone, but if you still want to do both indoors and the trail, it'll only be $20.

2 prices... 3 elements... 2 queues... makes it simple for us and the audience.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
      www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
      Located in Richmond, VA

Comment

SCREAMS has 5 attractions and a bunch of other stuff inside the park, we are one price and one price only. right around $20. we are the best deal in the Dallas Ft. worth metroplex bar none in my opinion. Once inside there is a $7 additional attraction as well as a $4 mini attraction, they are completely optional. Also the five main attractions can be gone through as many times as you like.
        Allen H
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

For what it is worth I agree with Allen. That is how I am going to run my haunt in 2010. Screams was superior bar none. The best value in the Dallas area. We had a fantastic time for a great price. I want people to feel like they got their money's worth at my haunt like we felt like we did at Screams. Thanks again Allen!!! Excellent show!
          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback and insights everyone! Allen, do you have teh property fenced off and do you provide a wrist band for those paying the admission to the park? Do you then sell separate tickets for the optional attractions. All the replies are greatly appreciated and have really got me thinking outside the coffin!

Larry, do you have any insights regarding the one admission price option versus individual attraction options? I believe you've done this both ways and I'd be interested in knowing how it worked out for you.

Thanks again everyone!

Kel
            sigpic
            Kelly Allen
            Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
            www.RaycliffManor.com
            www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
            www.HauntBook.com

Comment

Working...
            X