Ops Manager or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ops Manager or not?

What are the benefits to hiring an operations manager for my haunt? How much do you typically pay them?

Actings/Ops

Benefits would be having structure, order and control of your haunt and actors while you are running around with your head cut off. Payments averages here are $1000.00-$3,000.00 for the season with no bonus. Depends on what they do and to what extent.
    ~WelchWitch

Comment

Ops Manager or not?

Thank you!

Comment

I would also reccommend it, they can handle actor morale and customer complaints while you are able to get things done. Pay for my OM works out to $100 a night or so.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Being an ops manager myself (technically we have 2 ops manager and since I deal with actors predominantly I get called the stage manager) I think it's vitally important for growth. The stress level gets so high during the season that you have to take some of the burden off of the owner, and having a paid employee for this purpose is invaluable. Actor moral is contagious and having a person there to be a cheerleader is an absolute necessity. Having someone there to keep a business focus in mind, as well as herding your actors and crew keeps you from getting too involved in the drama that naturally occurs with any organization. It's much easier to replace a manager than yourself the owner.

As far as the job goes. I write the schedule, assign actor positions, keep track of safety inside, ensure all props are working, control customer flow, keep track of pay, resolve security issues, coordinate breaks, and generally run the show. If someone is doing that- then you the owner can have more time to go and fine tune the production so an okay haunt can become a GREAT haunt!
          Also to give credit, our Operations Manager assigns crew positions, keeps track of customer levels outside, keeps track of money, and has the fun job of keeping track of all auxiliary attractions (radio personalities, sponsors, concessions, volunteers, ect.)

Pay: I ask usually around $1200 but with a bonus paid on performance, usually netting around $2000
          Join The Collective

Comment

Working...
          X