Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easy Questions- Answers will help A lot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Questions- Answers will help A lot!

As I convince my interested investors in shelling over some ducats- some of their concerns are as follows: (let it be known that - this forum has already been invaluable to someone like myself who is working to get a pro haunt off the ground and running- I thank everyone who selflessly gives info and help in all of these forums and threads already)

The economy is a huge concern- Did it hurt you and your business? If you think it did- what kind of percentage did you see as a drop in attendance?

In 2010 the cap is going to be lifted off of Electric Utility pricing; some markets are stating that electric prices will rise 18% to 30%- what are your concerns? How will you overcome them? Do you believe this will negatively effect your overhead and cause cutbacks in other areas that may effect your business?

Ah... healthcare-will it affect your business and employees?

We know that weather really put a blow to haunts in the northeast this year- flu also put a beating on haunts- you combine those with the economy and unemployment and I'm sure alot of folks feel a little 'punch-drunk'. How do you overcome this? Besides good ol' perseverance? How do you readjust and what do you do?

I can't express how much I appreciate the amount of info and help that I see folks giving on these forums and threads and I appreciate you checking out mine. Thanks
    McZ
    Nothing- We did what we thought we would.
    21.05%
    Nothing- We did great- better then expected!
    26.32%
    Nothing- We did about the same as last year.
    21.05%
    Ouch- We took a beating and were way down.
    0.00%
    Ouch- We didn't do as well as expected- but not bad overall.
    26.32%
    Yipes!- If this keeps up we are doomed!
    5.26%

The poll is expired.

Ok, this is like ten posts in one, lets see what I can do to help quickly...

he economy is a huge concern- Did it hurt you and your business?
    Yes it was one of the factors in most haunts being down 15%

Do you believe this will negatively effect your overhead and cause cutbacks in other areas that may effect your business?
    It is possible, I do not think it will impact my market as much, the electricity cap will affect areas differently, I think north texas will fair fine, your area may be different.

healthcare-will it affect your business and employees?
    I do not think so

How do you overcome this? Besides good ol' perseverance? How do you readjust and what do you do?
    Less overhead, creative better marketing, and perseverance. Some seasons stink for those who planned well, there is always next year.
    Best of luck,
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen for your help. Much appreciated!

Comment

Hey Allen- where did you find the info about most haunts being down 15%? It would be a great thing to reference as i present to my investors. Well you know what I mean- its not great that their down 15% but always good to have a footnote. Thanks again.

Comment

I believe it was from a few of the online ticket companies, since they deal with many haunts across the country they are a great way to find out about how sales are.
          Also just in keeping my ear to the message boards Its not to hard to figure out how things went this season.
          I would talk to as many haunters as you can, especially the big shows that have been around awhile. You wont get accurate numbers from a first or second year haunt.
          Allen H
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

You're the best- Thanks!

Comment

Online ticket companies!!! The one place I failed to check!! That is awsome advice!!! Thanks for the tip Allen!!!
              Chris Tillman, President
              Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
              Trick or Terror Haunted House
              www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

Mulling the Stats...

To paint any kind of accurate, illrefutable solid picture is very difficult to do.
                It's that old "Apples & Oranges " thing.
                Physical plant, area of the country, local competition, local expectations, local weather, and whether or not the haunt had an established customer base to begin with are some pretty extreme variables on a perpetually sliding scale.
                My vote was "Same as expected" ..but then again, I think we could have had more visitors IF some of those negatives had not been present, but who will ever really know?
                The professional pollsters always have a margin for error because sometimes customers just want to evilly lie or play games with false praise, or are simply too bothered to be accurate.
                Look around your area within 50 miles. What are the population numbers?
                Where do they go for what sort of entertainment?
                Basically the human mind is almost always seeking something "New" and stimulating, once they can find their way passed that can of beer....
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                X