TransWorld for Beginners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TransWorld for Beginners

I am a new haunter who is trying to open my first haunt next year. I will be attending TransWorld for the first time in March and am looking for advice from the Pro's to get some of my beginner questions answered and tips on how to make my first trip as beneficial as possible. Thank you to all of the seasoned vets who give us new guy's so much valuable information. It truly means the world to us. Here are the questions I have come up with so far...

1. Credentials. Will the paperwork from the formation of an LLC satisfy the proof of Business licence requirement?

2. Other Credential Requirements. How hard, in general, is it to meet the credential requirements. I would hate to be turned down and not be able to go.

3. Focus. Where should I focus my time (seminars, networking, etc.) to make my first trip to TransWorld as beneficial as possible, while still sticking to my start-up budget?

Any other advice you could give me as a TransWorld beginner would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure I, along with other new haunters will have many other questions as TransWorld drawls closer. Again, thank you to all of the seasoned Haunters who offer us so much help.
    Chris Tillman, President
    Rocky Mountain Terror, LLC
    Trick or Terror Haunted House
    www.TerrorHaunts.com

The more you know about our current skill set and the theme and feel of your haunt, he more you will get out of transworld and the more you will know where to focus. If you have a small budget for your haunt then I recommend focusing on things that will make your actors better as you dont have the budget for an animatronic heavy show.
    This years line up of seminars is pretty good and wont really rob you of time on the show floor. If you know your strengths then you can attend the seminars that will strengthen your weak areas. Marketing and management seminars always help me the most. My strengths are in the actor training, costuming, and design/ layout field so thats what I talk on.
    Im pretty sure you can ask one of the regular vendors on here to send you an invitation and then your in....as long as you are 18.
    On a side note as good as the seminars are I always lear and share knowledge at the bar nearest the show floor once it closes, not as organized as a true round table discussion but there are about 150 haunters, actors, and vendors there who are all kicking back and talking shop.
    do not disregard the social aspect of Transworld, lots of business gets done there.
    Allen H
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Thanks Allen. I know how important going to these events are if you want to be successful in this industry. Out of the big 4 haunt shows, it seems like this is the one to start with if you don't have the funds to travel to all four. Thank you for your advice.
      Chris Tillman, President
      www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

Chris...

"President of Rocky Mountain Terror?"
        I think "Dictator of Terror" would sound alot scarier.
        Put you right up there with Adolf, Joe, Pol.
        Of course "President of Rocky Mountain Oyster Tare' Would be a painfull, torturous thing too!

There is always ALOT to see at Transworld. Look over the floor map of where the venders will be that you really need to see, find them, try not to get too distracted on this journey but take notes concerning interesting booths that have the things that trip your trigger for later, it's easy to get lost mentally and physically as your eyes go into overload.
        Unless their admission policy has drastically changed getting in with a few of their required refrences is no big deal.
        Having an entourage of sexy young babes wearing skimpy clothing might help get you in too, this always works for Larry.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Stay till Sunday!

If you stay through Sunday, you'll find that you'll be able to spend more face time with the vendors. Most of the buyers will pack up and go home on Sunday, leaving the show floor almost empty. This will be your best time to spend with the vendors to get personal face time. It seems as though on Saturday on the show floor... it is hard to speak with vendors 1 on 1 because they're anxiously looking over your shoulder for bigger fish.
          Patrick Barberry
          www.legendsofthefog.com
          sigpic

Comment

On that note, with most of the buyers going home on Sunday, do alot of the vendors key in on this and go home as well? If so, are there certain vendors I should make a point to talk to on Saturday, so as not to miss them?
            Chris Tillman, President
            www.TerrorHaunts.com

Comment

99% of the vendors stay to the very end. But as it gets closer to 2pm they will start packing up to get the heck out of there. Prioritize who you want to talk to and be there early
              Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Working...
              X