Birth of a Haunt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth of a Haunt...

How many of you out there that run a 'pro' haunt (charity or otherwise) started that haunt as a home/yard event. I know there are quite a few successful haunts that did this, like Pirates of Emerson, but what is the percentage?
    Started small, but started pro.
    0.00%
    Started large and in charge!
    0.00%
    Home haunt that got too big for it's britches.
    0.00%
    Charity event that just keeps growing.
    0.00%
    Purchased haunt from someone else.
    0.00%
    Other...please explain.
    100.00%
    Heartstoppers
    Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
    www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

I started out yard haunting and acting for haunts in local churches. Then went into doing a garage haunt for like 7yrs too long. Then been doing a commercial haunt for the last 6yrs and counting.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

I was doing facades and scenic design and remodeling an old attraction that might have been the materials for some later project. It ended up being for charity to offset storage costs but, ended up being a full on charity experiment.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Started out acting in my early teens for a Haunted Hayride and loved it! Then we have done a home haunt for almost 10 years. It is now being turned into a business. The main reason is cause I can't get enough of horror and gore and then I have all these ideas for haunts that pop into my sick mind all the time! It's like its in your blood! Not to mention when your house is packed full of props, animations etc. you know this is no longer just a hobby! You know it would be cool to make money on it, but then again if you don't make alot....your still happy. Although that could also mean I'm crazy? Who knows, who cares! I love Haunted Houses!! What else it there?
        Do you have an insatiable appetite for Halloween? Are you intrigued, rather than disgusted with gore? If so, you must be ALittleFreaky too.

Comment

I worked on my house for a long time before beginning tours. I am still working on it 20 years later.
          What I may have lacked in the beginning for eye-candy I made up for with entertainment, mostly mentally, self-generated, the most personally endearing kind to the customers who then become patrons.
          People reguarded as people not as a blur of anonymous bodies.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
          X