Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hauntworld Magazine / Online

Couple of updates:

Hauntworld Magazine January: will feature two Northern haunts: Fright Kingdom and Haunted Overload for the next issue. There will also be several articles on making your own props, and an article on how and why to create professional photos, and videos. This issue will release towards the end of December. The issue will also include all the happenings at the 2010 Transworld show. If you are planning a tour, event, or whatever send me your press releases to: darkrides@sbcglobal.net

Hauntworld Magazine March: There will be another HW magazine to be released prior to TW show 2010. The content of that magazine is yet to be determined but we will focus on make up, masks, and costumes. The haunts we will feature, and other articles are being worked on.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Online Updates: Hopefully we'll get the new Hauntworld.com online next month. It will also include a new template for the message boards. The front page will be more organized with less links. Additionally we are doing a major upgrade the magazine site and adding a haunt directory to it... turns out that site got like 200,000 visitors so we'll be adding a directory to it. Addtionally we'll be uploading over 50 articles from older magazines with photos to the site.

We are also putting some new sites online www.HauntedHayrides.com and some others...

Lastly we are moving to a new server should be all moved within a few days...

If you have any suggestions about future magazines email me!

Thanks
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

It's going to be a good one Larry! I'm working on an article now detailing how to turn cheap plastic skulls into an awesome original scare scene full of towering reaper figures. Here is a sneak peak of the before and after. It will be very interesting and packed full of info on how to make these yourself.

Before

After

After Lighted 10 to 12 feet tall

Also Creative Cinema Video and Artifact images will be detailing how to get great photos and videos.

Here is a taste of their work. Let us know what you would like most to hear about in these articles so we can give you the best content possible for this coming issue. I know Tim from Fright Kingdom has some awesome stuff up his sleeve as well.

Thanks,

Eric

www.hauntedoverload.com

Comment

WOW! Who did your voiceover on the first video clip? It is OUTSTANDING!!

Comment

The Music and voice-over in the beginning is a song called "Madame Endora" by Nox Arcana. We were granted permission by Nox Arcana to use it in our promotional videos and at the haunt. The other music is by SmartSounds. The rights to Smart Sounds music can be purchased for $99 per CD or $9.99 per song. You need Premiere Pro or Sonic Fire Pro to compile the music.

I will be writing the article about producing video. I plan to have a section dedicated to music and how to get music rights without busting your budget. I too would be interested in video related topics haunters may want to learn more about. I have video experience with both indoor and outdoor haunts. I am in the process of producing a new promo video for Fright Kingdom.

Comment

This is an excellent issue for the high level home haunter! The props in there are probably going to be EPIC(I want one)! I might make those grim reaper characters for the que line of my PRO HAUNT(note this) next year! I am also OK with the fact that Haunted Overload has been in Hauntworld another time because Eric has some unique prop ideas! I just like the idea of this issue in general being that it is the first in a while that gives the secrets behind some of the props made by you top rung haunts, thank you Larry for finally straying from all business. Don't get me wrong because I like having a library of business resources but, you were gonna have to take a break some time.
          Mike Cirrincione
          Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
          MAC Productions presents:
          Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
          AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
          Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
          Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

We have not featured Haunted Overload before only featured articles about prop making from them... Haunted Overload and Fright Kingdom teamed together to create marketing synergy called 'Nothern Fears' and that is why we'll feature both of these attractions. We will do articles on how haunts can work together, what they can do but still be unique to market their events.

The article will also touch on how if you have some 100lbs gorilla in your market how you can work with other SMALLER haunts to achieve additional levels of marketing close to those who have thousands of dollars to spend.

How can two haunts work together and still try to bill themselves as the best in the area? Is there a way to do that? Find out in the next issue.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Excellent, just in time for the burgeoning Western New York coop program me and a few other guys, including John Kolosek are getting together. But, instead of a few haunts standing up to bigger haunts, it's our market standing up to neighboring markets.
              Mike Cirrincione
              Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
              MAC Productions presents:
              Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
              AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
              Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
              Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

Here is the latest HD Fright Kingdom 2010 promo video. There are more to come.

Comment

Working...
                X